What's new

Favorite Aristocrat?

Looks great! Congratulations!

Thank you! My very first vintage DE. I had no idea what it was when I bought it but for $12 I was pretty sure I'd be ok. I did some research and found out it has the 46/47 handle and the 48/50 no-notch center bar head - a mismatch razor - perfect for my mismatch lifestyle!

Also - a few people have brought up the idea of an Aristocrat April - I like the idea.

:thumbup:

Seems like this is the spot to display Aristocrats... and I'm quite proud of my humble wee collection!

Clearly I need the correct case for the OC and will keep looking.

Love these razors, still not sure which is my favorite! $uploadfromtaptalk1427023649716.jpg$uploadfromtaptalk1427023672291.jpg

Last edited:

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
That's a tough call, choosing a favorite from among all those wonderful razors. I'm torn between the #15 and #16. I've yet to get hold of a #21, but I can't imagine it's better than those two. The '46-'47 also is quite wonderful.

Aristocrat April sounds good....let's do it.

A question on the Aristocrats....how much does the case affect collectability? I have not been particularly rigorous in getting the razors in cases. They generally look great but are lacking the proper box.

Yes Aristocrat April sounds good to me too. As far as collectability goes, yes, one of the things I look at when acquiring a new razor of any sort is whether or not it has a case. And of course what condition the case is in. However, it is all a matter of what pleases you when you are building your collection. In my opinion, a razor without a case is not worth as much monetarily as one with s case would be. But each collector is different.

Can I count the cousins, too? If yes, the President would be far and away my favorite, followed closely by the Executive, even though the heads on many are identical so the shaves should be too. All in my head, I guess.....
L to R: '36 Deluxe, '41, '46/7, '48-'50, '49 Executive, Z2 '54 President, Z3 '54 Diplomat:
attachment.php

Finally got my #15 in the mail this week. After several shaves I have to say I prefer the #21 and the 34' over the #15!
It shaves efficiently, but there is a little bite/roughness. I would say that the #15 is like the NEW DELUXE while the #21 is like the Britsh NEW flat bottom. Both give great BBS shaves, but the #21 is smoother.

I have a gold #16 on the way, so I can find out which of the three is best for me.
Right now its #21>34'>#15> 46'/47'.

I just got my Second #21 which Is original rhodium, shaves just as good as the one that had a lot of plate loss, its currently with chris over at razorplate.
$er.jpg

Top Bottom