What's new

Boiling water

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
This is social media, is it not?
It is not.
At least not as far as I'm concerned.
Social Media is Twitter (X), Facebook, TikTok, YouTube etc.
A website containing information, which also shares some similarities in that networking is involved, is a different animal.
Social Media is king of short messages, blasting to an anonymous consumer base.

I think that informational websites are going the way of the Dodo, much like their predecessor, Message Boards, did.
I'll enjoy it while it lasts.
We do have a presence on various Social Media sites, and a Mod who deals with Social Media matters.

Last edited:

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand

And that right there, is why I think our country is in the mess that it is in, especially now that AI has taken off. Its so realistic now, you don't even know that you are talking to AI. But AI is being used to sway public opinion, make people say or do things they shouldn't, and it all revolves around social media. Also, when you look into all the teen suicides due to the negativity of social media, its not difficult to see where our species went wrong here.

I think that informational websites are going the way of the Dodo, much like their predecessor, Message Boards, did.

I'm older then the internet, which means I have experienced the entire life of the internet, and remember what it was like. I think the internet was best, before there was social media websites, back when message boards were king, and ICQ chat boards were only just becoming a thing for instant messaging.

But I am witnessing a trend, where people are regressing into simple speech, speech that makes gen z sound like little children, all in the name for shortened communication. All for the trend of message boards going by by, and saying hello to Discord instant communication standards. I hear these same kids get terrible English test scores too.

We do have a presence on various Social Media sites, and a Mod who deals with Social Media matters.

Oh, I am so sorry to hear that! I feel really sorry for the mod, who has to manage a site full of adults, who act like children.

It is not.
At least not as far as I'm concerned.
Social Media is Twitter (X), Facebook, TikTok, YouTube etc.
A website containing information, which also shares some similarities in that networking is involved, is a different animal.

I'll enjoy it while it lasts.
Well, it is a medium and we are social! But I get that. I also like that we are moderated so that those who wish to be trolls are silenced. This reminds me of the newsgroups I used to use, like alt.fans.james-bond (I miss those folks).

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I've been watching some shaving related reels on instagram

Nothing wrong with watching shaving related reels on Instagram, snap chat, facebook, tic tok, etc etc.
As long as you keep in mind they are for entertainment only. Not to be confused with actual how to and advice, which you should find a better source for.

Top Bottom