What's new

Boiling water

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
It's a well known ailment.
If someone says use cold water, some people absolutely must put ice cubes in the sink.
If someone says use hot water, some people absolutely must use boiling water.

It's the same phenomenon that makes people think "The label says take two aspirin, so I'll take 12."

If someone says use cold water, some people absolutely must put ice cubes in the sink.
If someone says use hot water, some people absolutely must use boiling water.

It's the same phenomenon that makes people think "The label says take two aspirin, so I'll take 12."
Now you tell me.

My contractor is right in the middle of installing an ice cube dispenser in my bathroom.

That reminds me of when I worked as a baker for a chain of coffee shops. All recipes for pie dough call for ice cold water. At this chain, they used a 50/50 mix of ice and water, so that by the time the ice was absorbed, the dough was overworked and tough. Then, when they used it, they overworked it some more. By the time it was baked, it was like shoe leather, but their customers never complained; probably they didn't know better.

Hi gents,

Lately I've been watching some shaving related reels on instagram where some submerge their shaving brushes in boiling water... I just wonder why.

It's quite easy to understand that boiling water damages the knot.

Because they hate their brush, want to destroy is as soon as possible, and buy a new one?

Such a daft thing to do…
It destroys synthetic (deforms), boar and badger fibres alike; maybe not on day one, but before long.

Mühle apparently suggest not more than 45ºC (113ºF), which I consider on the high side, Thäter considerably less.
My rule is if the water is too hot to keep your hand in then it’s too hot for the brush.

B.

Top Bottom