What's new

How I came to accept and embrace canned foam.

Now compare that to your average brush shaving cream from a tub or tube. It's mostly the same and this isn't really surprising since canned foam is essentially the same soap as the stuff you'd use with a brush, only delivered by other means.

Some people won't use canned foam because it supposedly "dries the face" but have no problem with putting lots of pure alcohol on their face with an aftershave splash such as Tabac.

Other people won't use canned foam because of the aerosols but happily spray their armpits with deodorant/antiperspirant from an aerosol can every single day.
This is the stuff i use regularly...

Ingredients: Stearic Acid, Aqua (Water/Eau), Cocos Nucifera(Coconut) Oil, Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Fragrance(Parfum), Eucalyptus Globolus Oil, Menthol, Camphor, Lanolin

I wouldn't say it's mostly the same.

Here's my story on how I came to accept and embrace canned foam for most of my shaves. I've been a member here at B&B since 2008 and by trail and error, I learned how to get great shaves with a safety razor and a brush.

Life however, doesn't care for this and every now I then when I was very busy, a can of foam managed to creep in. This allowed me to get a proper shave in 3 to 5 minutes whereas as it would always take me about 10 minutes with a brush. Hard water and difficulty to get good lather and the clean up afterwards being the culprit.

All the while my 'fast' shaves with foam were just as good as my 'brush' shaves. Foam mixed with a little water and proper DE technique, goes a long way.

All of this his now gotten to the point where I use foam for 90% of my shaves. I'll be honest, I Iike the convenience and speed it offers me. I still use brush and soap when I have time, mostly during weekends.

I guess I can expect a visit from the shaving police any time now 😉
Nothing wrong with canned foam. I still use it occasionally if I'm in a rush and go back to my electric razors when I travel.

Top Bottom