What's new

Your 20% shave

Sometimes when I get home after a day of work, I just feel like taking a shower and going to bed. No elaborate shaving sessions.This is when the Nivea foam from a can comes into action. Paired with my DE I get a great shave in just a couple of minutes. This is my ritual for about every fifth shave, so 20% of my shaves.

Tell me about your routine for when you don't feel like shaving or when there's little time to shave. What products do you use? How do the results compare to your regular routine?
If I'm in a real rush or I simply cba I'll either use a gel/foam can (Proraso, Elemis etc.) or tube (Clinique, Taylor, Palmolive) - anything I have at hand basically, I wouldn't bother with a proper soap & a brush. No prep or anything either, just splash of hot water on my face, rub in the cream and then I'll just shave quickly with whatever I've got ready.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
It takes me literally 4-5 seconds to load a brush with MdC, and I can have shave ready lather in about one minute. I have never gone anywhere when one minute made a significant difference. I'd do a one pass shave if I was in a huge rush.

My reality is that I'm retired and never in a huge rush. When I was working I would get up and hour before I had to leave the house so I could shower/shave and read a bit of the paper with a cup of coffee before setting off to work - where I usually arrived 45 minutes early. I'm just not a fan of rushing.

My lazy shaves utilize Cremo shave cream. Great stuff that works beautifully.
I prefer shave soaps at this stage in my journey but I love Cremo too.
I used Cremo exclusively for several years when I shaved with cartridges but use shave soap and a brush now. However, I just had to help my mom after her surgery and I stayed over last night and, not wanting to have to bring soap and brush, I took my tube of Cremo. Slick as all get out and the razor glided over my skin, but still horrible for use with the DE razor in my opinion - goopy blobs of the stuff sticking to my face after a couple of razor strokes and rinsing it out of the razor wasn't easy. I may have to pick up a small can of - GASP - foam for use when travelling and not having a lot of prep time in the morning.

I used Cremo exclusively for several years when I shaved with cartridges but use shave soap and a brush now. However, I just had to help my mom after her surgery and I stayed over last night and, not wanting to have to bring soap and brush, I took my tube of Cremo. Slick as all get out and the razor glided over my skin, but still horrible for use with the DE razor in my opinion - goopy blobs of the stuff sticking to my face after a couple of razor strokes and rinsing it out of the razor wasn't easy. I may have to pick up a small can of - GASP - foam for use when travelling and not having a lot of prep time in the morning.
I just used Cremo last week on a short 5-day trip. I've never had the issue you mentioned. I squeeze out just enough to run from the first joint of my index finger to the tip and use plenty of water and it works for me. 🤷‍♂️

I just used Cremo last week on a short 5-day trip. I've never had the issue you mentioned. I squeeze out just enough to run from the first joint of my index finger to the tip and use plenty of water and it works for me. 🤷‍♂️
I used less product than that and quite a bit of water as well. But glad it worked for you. I found it less than stellar for me.

Try hair conditioner if you haven’t already

Top Bottom