What's new

AP Shave Owner’s Club / SOTD Pics

Somehow, I'm just seeing that this area is available. As much as I love Andrew's work, I must admit to being delinquent in posting here-mea culpa. To at least rectify the situation somewhat, here you go:

King Cobra Razor
Ghost 26mm G5C Brush
Through The Fire Fine Craft Currants & Roses Shave Soap (Sue Moore SE)
Through The Fire Fine Craft Currants & Roses A/S (Sue Moore SE)

22 NOV 22 SOTD.jpg

I'll do better.

marty

Great pic! The brushes compliment each other so well 😍
@Benoni Those are the two brushes I mostly use. Two different brushes but I like them both for the same reasons. Soft and great face latherers. I have a different handle for my 26mm G5C (Chisel & Hound). Originally, I clumsily used too much epoxy and created a glue bump at the base that hindered its retention of lather. Though it never posed a problem with my shaves, I couldn't leave it alone. I ended up putting a new G5C knot in, set at 53mm with no glue bump, and its a lathering machine. I can't decide which one I like best, the STF XL or the G5C, different but equally great.

@Benoni Those are the two brushes I mostly use. Two different brushes but I like them both for the same reasons. Soft and great face latherers. I have a different handle for my 26mm G5C (Chisel & Hound). Originally, I clumsily used too much epoxy and created a glue bump at the base that hindered its retention of lather. Though it never posed a problem with my shaves, I couldn't leave it alone. I ended up putting a new G5C knot in, set at 53mm with no glue bump, and its a lathering machine. I can't decide which one I like best, the STF XL or the G5C, different but equally great.
STF for me, hands down.

mcee_sharp

MCEAPWINMOLQOVTIAAWHAMARTHAEHOAIDIAMRHDAE
TSOTD, since I already shaved today :\

Beautiful handle (Dark Abalone Resin Handle #386), G5B knot, 24mm.

Pics one 111/222 with adamite from Puenta Ojuela, Durango, 333/444 with Ni/Cu ore from Sudbury, ON.

Thanks Andrew!

Attachments

• 111.jpg
    111.jpg
    1,010.1 KB · Views: 16
  • 222.jpg
    222.jpg
    998.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 333.jpg
    333.jpg
    514.4 KB · Views: 15
  • 444.jpg