What's new

๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ธ ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ท ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡น ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡น SOTD - โ€œEuropeanโ€ Theme Week - Monday February 12th to Sunday February 18th, 2024 ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ธ ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ท ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡น ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡น

Status
Not open for further replies.
1708258020432.png
ย 
A SOD.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Cera Ve Hydrating Facial Cleanser
Soap/Cream
Vintage Williams
Brush
Shavemac 177 Silvertip
Bowl
Old Spice Mug + Captainโ€™s Choice Copper
Razor
UK Aristocrat
Blade
Wizamet
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Duke Cannon ASB
Fragrance
Jimmy Choo, Man Intense
Rating
10/10
Comments
A rainy and damp Sunday. This is the 4th and final shave with my U.K. Aristocrat razor loaded with a Wizamet razor blade. It was a nice shave: close without any nicks or irritation. The shaving brush today is my Shavemac 177 Silvertip. I won this brush at a Sue auction years ago. This brush makes a rich lather and is soft on my face. The Williams soap is on its 73rdnd use. I am surprised that I am getting so many quality shaves with this vintage soap. Have a great day, folks.
ย 
Sunday
Preshave: Harryโ€™s Exfoliating Face Wash / Jack Black Beard Lube
Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: SuperMax Blue Diamond Platinum
Brush: Rudy Vey Custom w/TGN Two-Band
Soap: Mama Bearโ€™s Aged Spice
Aftershave: Humphreyโ€™s Witch Hazel/Alum
Balm: Baxter of California After Shave Balm
ย 
Sunday Morning Celebration

First WTG pass was with a Feather SS Kamisori then followed up with the VC4. Overall good shave. I need a lot of time and practice with the Kamisori. Sticking to Cheeks and Neck and Flat surfaces to start.

Feather SS Kamisori
KAI Protouch MG Blade (1X)
Valet Autostrop VC4 (Modified)
GEM SS PTFE Blade (8X)
Gingers Garden Vizier Soap
AP ShaveCo Luxury Brush (Badger/Boar Mix)
Myrsol Agua di Limon Splash
4711 Kolognewasser

9AFD8564-82DE-47F2-A4EE-57F10BB56DD2-compressed.jpeg
ย 

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE Sunday, February 18th 2024

Razor : Gem Jr Parade 1912 with baton taper handle. Mfg 1943, tame mid range. Well built to last generations and still gives a wonderful shave in the right hands. I really enjoy this tapered handle and wish there where more similar handles.
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE (4) very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest blade to handle.
Soap : Yaqi Musketeer rapier, very nice unique scent that turns my crank + excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi " Cola" 22mm synthetic. Excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Yaqi Musketeer rapier splash + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 9.jpg or CCS,DFS,BbS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a close comfortable shave this morning with my Gem Jr Parade 1912 with a coated Gem blade.
SOTD Febuaruy 18 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!
ย 
oq64y3x.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Semogue Special Edition 2013 Olive Wood Silvertip Badger
Soap: Calani Oriental Plum (Gut-Razert Forum Edition)
Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: Gillette Platinum (2)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Pinaud Clubman Classic Vanilla Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Aramis Tuscany Per Uomo EdT

I acquired this soap at about the same time as some I Coloniali. I find the two soaps very similar - the pucks are about the same size and consistency, as is the performance. I give the slight edge to the Calani, as I prefer its scent.
ย 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom