What's new

๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ธ ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ท ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡น ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡น SOTD - โ€œEuropeanโ€ Theme Week - Monday February 12th to Sunday February 18th, 2024 ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ธ ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ท ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡น ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡น

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, B&Bers!

Last week we focused on North America, so this weekโ€™s SOTD Theme is โ€œEuropeโ€!

I have travelled to Europe 3x in my life and all 3 trips were in the last couple of years. To say I love and miss Europe is an understatement! The food, the people, the history... and the shaving gear! I canโ€™t wait to go back in the fall!

We want to see your soaps, razors, aftershaves, fragrances, scuttles, blades and any other shaving accessories made in Europe. Show us your Italian shaving soaps, Portuguese brushes, Greek BIC blades and razors/aftershaves/colognes made in Europe! Do you love Areffa shaving soaps from Ukraine as much as I do? Show us a pic. Do you love your made in Portugal Tatara razor? English soaps from the High Street shops? We want to see!

Do you have an Icelandic shaving soap? A shaving brush made in Luxembourg? A Romanian made straight razor? Please show us! Europe is huge and diverse, so most of you should own SOME gear from this part of the globe!

Nothing European? Please still post a pic of your usual shaving setups. Or post pics of your usual SOTD or just tell us all about it. Letโ€™s see lots of themed posts this week! Do you want to tell us about a recent European vacation of share some non-shaving related images? Perfect! Is your favourite song The Final Countdown by Europe? Thatโ€™s super weird, but cool too!

As always, the weekly themes are just a suggestion, but being creative and having fun IS mandatory. We encourage you to post or shoot photos of your Shave Gear of the Day regardless of the theme.

Letโ€™s see your European shaving gear!

1707672529328.jpeg

1707672559082.png

1707672693595.jpeg

1707672737095.png

1707672590871.jpeg
ย 

Menthol Monday SOTD
20240210_162700 (2).jpg

Razor: Shield Cerakote Titanium Evolution
Blade: Schick Proline P-30 (D1)
Brush: Shavemac 31mm
Bowl: Doug Smith 5"
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Ice Cube 2
Pre-Shave Oil: Taconic Bay Rum
Shave Soap: Master Soap Creations Frosted Bay Rum
Balm: Viking Soaps Bay Rum
Aftershave: Dominica Bay Rum
โ€‹
ย 

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
IMG_0065.jpeg

1) Italy: Brush Omega 10777 Boar.
2) Germany: Shaving Cream Nivea Men Sensitive.
3) Germany: Razor Merkur 34C.
4) Turkey: Razor Blade Derby Premium.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm.
7) Spain: EDT Nautica Classic.
8) USA: Lather Bowl Captainโ€™s Choice Copper Lather Bowl.
ย 
Hello, B&Bers!

Last week we focused on North America, so this weekโ€™s SOTD Theme is โ€œEuropeโ€!

I have travelled to Europe 3x in my life and all 3 trips were in the last couple of years. To say I love and miss Europe is an understatement! The food, the people, the history... and the shaving gear! I canโ€™t wait to go back in the fall!

We want to see your soaps, razors, aftershaves, fragrances, scuttles, blades and any other shaving accessories made in Europe. Show us your Italian shaving soaps, Portuguese brushes, Greek BIC blades and razors/aftershaves/colognes made in Europe! Do you love Areffa shaving soaps from Ukraine as much as I do? Show us a pic. Do you love your made in Portugal Tatara razor? English soaps from the High Street shops? We want to see!

Do you have an Icelandic shaving soap? A shaving brush made in Luxembourg? A Romanian made straight razor? Please show us! Europe is huge and diverse, so most of you should own SOME gear from this part of the globe!

Nothing European? Please still post a pic of your usual shaving setups. Or post pics of your usual SOTD or just tell us all about it. Letโ€™s see lots of themed posts this week! Do you want to tell us about a recent European vacation of share some non-shaving related images? Perfect! Is your favourite song The Final Countdown by Europe? Thatโ€™s super weird, but cool too!

As always, the weekly themes are just a suggestion, but being creative and having fun IS mandatory. We encourage you to post or shoot photos of your Shave Gear of the Day regardless of the theme.

Letโ€™s see your European shaving gear!

View attachment 1794719
View attachment 1794720

View attachment 1794722
View attachment 1794723
View attachment 1794721
A Romanian-made straight razor is cool!
ย 
sotd 12-2

Mรผhle Rocca R96
Gillette 7 o'clock Sharp Edge (4)
Mรผhle STF maat M
Martin de Candre - Nature
Williams Aqua Velva AS
Balea Men Sensitive ASB
Davidoff - Adventure edt

Lovely shave today, should last me until Wednesday. The Aqua Velva is new to my, good stuff!

full
ย 
Lincoln's Birthday
Pre-shave: Harryโ€™s Exfoliating Face Wash /Jack Black Beard Lube
Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: SuperMax Blue Diamond Platinum
Brush: L'Occitane Plisson Synthetic
Soap: Captainโ€™s Choice Eucalyptus
Aftershave: Alum/ Humphreyโ€™s Witch Hazel /Floid Blue
Balm: Anthony All-Purpose Facial Moisturizer
ย 
Monday Morning Shave Mania

Dialed up a bit more blade exposure for this mornings shave with a fourth use modified Feather AC Light blade and oh my. What a slight turn on the Empire will accomplish. Two passes and I was a smooth little boy. I'm liking this little boar brush a lot.
Needs some work to get softer but she picks up lather well and doesn't hog it. Overall a very nice shave.

Wilkinson Sword Empire Razor
Feather Pro AC Light Blade (4X) - Modified
Le Pere Lucien Cologne-Fougere Soap
Butterfly Boar Brush
Apex Alchemy Splash Mix
BRUT Aftershave

C6040F2F-E337-409C-9676-3C98B6A95824-compressed.jpeg
ย 

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
GEMonday shave, February 12 2024

Razor : Gem Damaskenne OC 1912. Mfg 1912-15 (for the OC)- mild to tame mid range. First of the 1912 models came out with open comb and later models where closed after 1915 and both are excellent razors. Hard to find a rare Damaskenne O.C in the wild.
The razor has been a pleasure to use and enjoyable to own. Had a stellar close comfortable shave this morning.
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE (3) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest blade to handle!
Soap : La Toja stick, nice mild clean slight smokey scented + excellent lather qualities.
Brush :Yaqi "Sagrada Familia" 22mm 2band badger, Excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + great lather painter. Small handle but WoW type of face feel and performance IMO.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Pinaud Clubman with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 10 stellar.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a Stellar close comfortable shave this morning with my Gem Damaskenne OC with a Gem coated blade. (Just one of those shaves that puts a smile on my face for closeness with no issues.)
SOTD Febuaruy 12 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!
ย 
Last edited:
20240211_083256.jpg

Razor: Ever-Ready Streamline Deluxe Set
Blade: Pal Carbon Steel Gem-type blade
Brush: Yaqi Panda in black & white tuxedo synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White Pre-Shave Cream
Lather: Seaforth! Black Watch
Aftershave: Seaforth! Black Watch Aftershave Toner
Additional Care: