Razor: 1947-1951 G.E. Jones "Shake Sharp" Mk.3
Blade: Personna "Platinum Chrome"
Witch hazel: Thayers "Original"
Alum block: Osma
After shave: Meißner Tremonia "Salty Sea Sage"
Hydrating cream: Farm Stay "Black Snail & Peptide 9"

2023-12-09.jpg

12/09/23 Shave of the Day – Feeling Sick
Face Wash with Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Vector Moroccan Argan Oil Body Soap Made With Pure Essential Oils
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Awesome Sauce Conditioning Shampoo Puck
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements ICE CUBE 2.0 Preshave Soap - Mentholated
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Vector Artisan Shaving Soap CK-6 Formula Made with Pure Essential Oils & Menthol!
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Vetiver Planet Artisan Shave Soap - Ultra Premium CK-6 Formula
Dogwood Handcrafts Aurora Shaving Brush - 24mm Maggard Synthetic Knot
The Razor Company Unbreakable Lather Bowl - Bright Yellow 3D Printed Semi Flexible
HC&C The Fleshette (Pointed End) Shave Soap Scoop
Phoenix Shaving Ceramic Moonscape Brush Scuttle
Blackland Vector Stainless Steel Single Edge Artist Club Razor Machine Finished with Safety Bar Head
Feather Artist Club Professional Blade - 8th Shave
The Razor Company Beige and Black Luxury Shaving Towel
Phoenix Shaving No Slip Grip Alum Block
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Alum Block Dry Dock System
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Vector Artisan Aftershave Made with Pure Essential Oils & Menthol!
Cremo Astonishingly Superior Cooling Formula Post Shave Balm Refreshing Mint
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Vector Solid Cologne Rub Contains Prickly Pear Oil!
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Awesome Sauce Natural Deodorant - Sport Strength - Homage To A Classic Italian Barbershop Scent!
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Official Phoenix Shaving Barber's Mat! The Perfect Addition to Your Shave Station!​
A IMG_5364.jpeg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
IMG_8977.jpeg

1) Portugal: Brush Semogue Galahad Boar.
2) Italy: Shaving Cream Palmolive.
3) Germany: Razor Merkur 34G.
4) India: Razor Blade Super Max Blue Diamond.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Australia: Aftershave Balm Natio For Men Calming Aftershave Balm.
7) USA: EDT Vera Wang For Men.
8) USA: Lather Bowl Captain’s Choice Copper Lather Bowl.

Razor: Superior Cuts, 3-D printed razor, Open Comb 0.8mm (Made in Croatia)
Blade: Suneko Amorphous Diamond
Brush: Semogue 820
Preshave: PAA The Cube
Soap: Meštar Bagulina
Aftershave: Ralon Original Splash, Meštar Bagulina Balm

(If this is too long for your reading you can skip of course or even if it was shorter you can always skip, this is just my thoughts after a shave :001_smile )

Well first never shaved with a fully 3 D printed razor before so that was a first. The razor is Superior Cuts, made in Croatia, it has 3 comb plates, 0.4mm, 0.6mm and 0.8mm OC in this case (I also have the SB 0.4mm, 0.6mm, 0.8mm as well plates) so I thought this was quite cool. The razor itself, without a blade in it weighs about 17 grams, the handle is 95mm (I also have a 85mm one as well), the 95mm work quite nicely with this shave.

I usually like heavier razors but I have a few lighter ones in weight (1976 Tech V1 with Aluminum handle 29 grams, Souplex hollow handle 27 grams) so its not unusual but at 17 grams and the material, PLA+ (Not sure what that means but its off the seller's website, tougher than PLA, I don't know anything about 3-D printing so) but it was sturdy. The whole razor, from top cap, base plate and handle fit perfectly, the top cap screw that goes into the handle is really tight, which is good.

The blade alignment was perfect, the top cap, underneath just has a straight line to hold the blade in place so the screw thread from the top cap and on the bottom of the top cap is just a straight line so no posts (except the middle thread). Once I got the blade in place, alignment was perfect, no wiggle, no blade chatter, the top cap and base plate are wide enough to cover the tabs of the blade so the tabs do not stick out at all.

Naturally I picked the the most aggressive plate, the 0.8 OC gap plate as I was on 5+ days of growth plus I wanted to test out the razor. The audible feedback is quite noticeable even when I was playing music, which made me play music a little less loudly as I wanted to hear how it goes. The light weight provides its on feeling of nimbleness. The aggressive plate was smooth, gentle and efficient, it was quite impressive especially considering that this is a 3 D printed razor, not a brass or metal of any kind you can think of razor. I was really impressed by the shave, like thoroughly impressed by it. From how well everything fit, the tolerances, to the the blade alignment to efficiency and smoothness, really impressive.

If someone wants to try something different, this is not a costly razor by any means. It sells on a site that has bay in its name, I am not sure if I can give more information on this post or if I need post a different thread if anyone is interested. The name is "Superior Cuts" and you will see 3D printed in it, its not expensive for a razor, I think its rather neat, not expensive for a razor and something different. Really glad I found it and was able to get it.

Next the Suneko Amorphous Diamond blade. This is a new blade to me, I got 2 of them thru my barbershop a while ago as one barber knew I was a wet shaving enthusiast/hobbyist and any other word you want to add to that. :001_smile Now this is a new blade to me, I never used it before, first time using it. I felt the blade is a good blade, it was sharp enough, I had no tugging at all, it was smooth enough meaning it was smooth, did not feel rough when shaving with it. This with the razor did plow thru my 5+ days growth and I do have thick, coarse facial hair.

Now overall with this blade I found it to be a good quality blade, especially for the money but not a top tier blade for me. I know blades are the most subjective thing in wetshaving so I want to be careful how I write this up that its a good blade, a solid blade but not a top tier game changing type blade for me. Its sharp, definitely sharp enough and smooth enough but not GSB smooth (no blade really is but I am just giving extremes to compare) and not Feather sharp either (again only a Feather can say that). I rarely re use blades except say vintages that are known to last or are few blades like Polsilver where I know I can get 3-4 shaves out of them without worrying about them tugging but barring that, the rest of the blades I use are One and done. Overall, good blade but I'd say its a mid tier ish, nice good blade but not a top tier for me. Again, YMMV but that is my assessment.

Semogue 820, only did 1 wet/dry cycle on it and that was all it needed really, whipped up lather nicely, I probably soaked it too long before I used it, I might soak the boar brushes a little like but it had very good backbone, tips were nice, gave me a solid scrub, lather was great, I had to re hit the puck for my final pass but for my standards its a smaller brush, smallest brush I have used in a long time, I could of stretched the last pass but wanted to enjoy the shave without worrying about lather but no problems there, really like the handle, feel of the brush handle, weight and bristle, very nice brush.

PAA The Cube always does me well, nothing to say there.

Meštar Bagulina, Ralon Original Splash, Meštar Bagulina Balm used many times over, enjoy it every time, does a great job as always.

I had not cuts, weepers, nicks or irritation.
20231209_200924.jpg

20231209_201003.jpg

SOTD: 10th December 2023.

b.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Imperial Leather Bergamot & Sea Salt Energising Body Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Anbbas 24mm Tuxedo synthetic.
Face Lather.
Lather: Ach Brito Mogno Shaving Soap.
Blade: Mers Supershave X Platinum . (D2)
Razor: Wilkinson Sword Classic Premium TTO.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Aloe Vera Cooling Gel./ P&G Old Spice Whitewater ASL.

Greetings,

The Ach Brito Mogno soap is a wonderful performer it get top marks for it's performance, scent, protection, slickness & post shave feel.

A close comfortable 2 pass + pick ups Sunday morning shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off a with a generous splash of P&G Old Spice Whitewater ASL.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

If someone wants to try something different, this is not a costly razor by any means. It sells on a site that has bay in its name, I am not sure if I can give more information on this post or if I need post a different thread if anyone is interested. The name is "Superior Cuts" and you will see 3D printed in it, its not expensive for a razor, I think its rather neat, not expensive for a razor and something different. Really glad I found it and was able to get it.
:001_cool: I just ordered the OC set with a 75mm handle, thanks purecro. :biggrin: . . . . . . (eBay US LINK.) . . . . . .

Superior-cuts-3D-printed_2023-12-10.jpg

A SOD.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Cera Ve Hydrating Facial Cleanser
Soap/Cream
Vintage Williams
Brush
Paladin Chief
Bowl
Old Spice Mug + Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Timeless SS SB .68
Blade
Kai
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Every Man Jack
Fragrance
Beverly Hills, Polo Club
Rating
10/10
Comments
This is the fifth and final shave with my Timeless SS SB.68 loaded and a Kai blade. The shave was excellent. I had vowed not to buy more blades since I have so many, but I may have to buy a few more Kai blades. Paladin brushes all perform wonderfully and this PK 47 – my first Paladin - also performed flawlessly. A nice, slick lather. This is the 6th consecutive day I am using Williams soapA great shave. Have a good day and weekend, folks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom