💈SOTD:10-12-23 #decemboar
Preshave:Alt Innsbruck preshave
Soap:Arko
Ashes:4711
Asb:Moon Soaps Sorrento
Razor:Christy #singleedgesunday
Blade:Schick Platinum (1)
Brush:Semogue SOC Butterscotch

Today opted for completely different stuff than I would normally use especially on a Sunday. But my wife said take something with citrus tones for today.

The Pre and aftershave emulsion from Alt Innsbruck, does not smell at all like Alt Innsbruck Cologne. The emulsion has a fresh citrus and more spicy scent. After shaking well, rubbed a few drops warm in my hands, and massaged into the beard hairs. And let it soak in.

The Arko shaving stick I squeezed into an old tin does what it is supposed to do, a very nice thick lather and very fine gliding properties. The smell there is debatable, it is a fresh citrus smell that does lean more towards an all-purpose cleaner, not an unpleasant smell but not really nice either.

I got the idea of singleedge sunday through a forum, and this one I am keeping in it. I acquired the 1920s Christy razor from another Dutch collector a while ago. Normally a specific special blade goes in here, but with an injector blade from Schick it also works.

The nice classic citrus scent of 4711 dissipates rather quickly so I chose to use the Sorrento from Moon Soaps as a Balm.

All this together with the ever-softening Semogue, resulted in a super fine shave.

Attachments

• eZy Watermark_10-12-2023_01-40-32-8450PM.jpeg
    eZy Watermark_10-12-2023_01-40-32-8450PM.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
Sunday Morning Salutations

After yesterday's aggressive shave I thought I would come back with a nice mild razor/blade combo.
Wasn't much growth and I was just looking for a nice DFS result which the FeatherWeight gave me.

GEM FeatherWeight Razor
GEM Personna SS PTFE Blade (3X)
La Toja Shave Stick
AP ShaveCo Faux Horse Knot Brush
Proraso Red Splash On
Taconic Urban Woods Aftershave

34D97353-CF66-44FB-8704-17652CF6EBAE-compressed.jpeg

20230218_091049.jpg

Razor: Schick B3 Repeating Razor
Blade: Personna Injector
Brush: The CaYuen Workshop Candy Cane in HD Silvertip Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Truefitt & Hill Apsley
Aftershave: Fine Italian Citrus
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Nivea Post Shave Balm
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder

I purchased a bottle of A&E Lurch & Fester for no other reason than, the cool label... lol
She likes the scent but, it's a bit too out there for me. The A&E website description: "The scent is a delightful mix of Khalifa & Vanille de Tabac".
Broke out the Bullet handled Gem (an excellent razor) and the TFS Maestro Michi for a BBS... but, not without a bit of razor burn.
:mad:

8.5/10
sotd  12-10-23.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom