What's new

A Toggle from Dad.

Congratulations! That is a really nice specimen. If mine, I would definitely leave its original finish intact as it looks great already, with the visible signs of wear give it character and personality.

I agree with the repeated soakings and the ultrasonic cleaning suggestions. A jewelry cleaning cloth to wipe it after each use too.
Agreed. I love its original finish. And thank you!

You have a great dad!

Jewelry stores often have ultrasonic cleaners, perhaps you can find one locally that will give your razor a dip.

Its amazing the crud these machines can safely dislodge.
Yessir, I certainly do.

I’ve been considering attaining one myself but I end up down the rabbit hole of which one to buy… I’m dying to use one.

@kingfisher brought to my attention a question I have now and I can’t find anything when I Google it. I have a question for the toggle owners now… Are these toggles supposed to click when turning the dial? Say… like a Fatboy or a Slim.

Wonderful dad!
Wonderful razor!
How cool is that???
Answer: VERY COOL!
Congratulations! I won't give cleaning suggestions. You're getting plenty of them and they're excellent.
I'm just here to say you're blessed but obviously you already know that. ;):thumbsup:

Wonderful dad!
Wonderful razor!
How cool is that???
Answer: VERY COOL!
Congratulations! I won't give cleaning suggestions. You're getting plenty of them and they're excellent.
I'm just here to say you're blessed but obviously you already know that. ;):thumbsup:

Hah! Thank you! I agree wholeheartedly.

Watch the video, esp +- 5'.

There is definitely an audible click in the video. I just tested mine earlier and you can definitely tell the tray is lowering and raising. It functions… however I would guess the “clicker” pin is seized.

There is definitely an audible click in the video. I just tested mine earlier and you can definitely tell the tray is lowering and raising. It functions… however I would guess the “clicker” pin is seized.
What a wonderful gift!
Congrats!

My Toggle does feature the "clicks", too.

On a side note, perhaps better don't clean the Toggle with an ultrasonic device, since it might harm the black painting of the setting numbers and the red dot. Just do some more rounds of extensive soaking in warm (non-boiling) soapy water instead. Better safe than sorry!
If this doesn't free up the clicking mechanism just stick with it and use it.

The Toggle is a wonderful shaver.
Enjoy the shaves!

Last edited:
What a wonderful gift!
Congrats!

My Toggle does feature the "clicks", too.

On a side note, perhaps better don't clean the Toggle with an ultrasonic device, since it might harm the black painting of the setting numbers and the red dot. Just do some more rounds of extensive soaking in warm (non-boiling) soapy water instead. Better safe than sorry!
If this doesn't free up the clicking mechanism just stock with it and use it.

The Toggle is a wonderful shaver.
Enjoy the shaves!
Thanks! I appreciate the heads up on that. I do remember someone saying it can remove the paint as well. I’m trying to keep everything as original as possible. I’m continuing to soak it in hot soapy water. It is helping.

04316C10-D77B-4665-90E6-9CB9A0C6199C.jpeg

Update:
I’m continuing to work it back and forth between soaks in warm soapy water and it’s slowly but surely freeing up. You can see the gross looking evidence there of… aged soap scum.

View attachment 1726262
Update:
I’m continuing to work it back and forth between soaks in warm soapy water and it’s slowly but surely freeing up. You can see the gross looking evidence there of… aged soap scum.
be careful, clickers brake. I got my BD Superadjustable....., I looked NEW , but the clicker was broken.....it spins x 3 360deg and while shaving it moves, too.....

I used to think all detergents were the same, so usually stuck to Palmolive. Initially first purchased Dawn because it was all grocer had left. Was surprised at how much better Dawn was as a degreaser.

They are now advertising a more concentrated Dawn, perhaps it could be worth a try.

I used to think all detergents were the same, so usually stuck to Palmolive. Initially first purchased Dawn because it was all grocer had left. Was surprised at how much better Dawn was as a degreaser.

They are now advertising a more concentrated Dawn, perhaps it could be worth a try.
Proctor & Gamble has saved a great deal of water fowl, victims of oil spills, with Dawn soap.

Last edited:
Yes. Dawn, patience and ultrasound work wonders.

Family is important. Loving and mutually-supportive family solves almost everything that can be solved.

And your Dad absolutely rules in the gift department - a perfect gift, without ostentation, that will cuddle up to you once you give it some deserved attention. And it cleans up after you, rather than vice versa.

@dman123

A couple of questions...

1. Would your dad adopt me?
2. How would you feel if you suddenly discovered you had a long-lost brother you never knew about who so happens to be to an avid Vintage Gillette collector?
3. Have you made a will? If not, I can assist.

Top Bottom