What's new

Henson Ti +++ Razor – I am a fan!

+++= aggressive
++= medium
+= mild

Lots of information about this available. I assure you they sell the Ti22 +++ which is the aggressive version. They also sell the mild and medium
I saw those same listings as you posted but always thought it was just a standard aggressive but was under the impression they had 3 levels of aggressive is why they call it a +++.

I saw a video recently where one of the brothers mentioned they only list the standard aggressive on the site and the +++ needs to be special ordered but they don't really care to sell the +++ though and they make you answer some questions as to why you are requesting something so aggressive and such!! Dude had a real pompous attitude and the reason why I never pursued it any further!!

I could very well be wrong but that was my take from what he said.

@muzichead, @kaufdrop27 has it correct. Henson calls them mild, medium, and aggressive on their site. Etched in the top cap and base plate is +, ++, and +++ respectively.

Several of us put together a bunch of information into a wiki page here, I hope that helps: Henson Razor Models - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/wiki/Henson_Razor_Models
Thanks for the info and it did answer a few questions I had so now I'm really not sure what the heck that guy was trying to explain at the time and all could've been cleared up if he just said that!!

I didn't think the Henson used M5 threads...how smooth and how tightly does the Timeless Crown screw into the Henson head?
It doesn't matter in practice. An M5 x 0.8 handle like the Timeless Ti Crown will work on caps with both 10-32 and M5 x 0.8 threads.

When looking at handles on the Maggard site, I was prompted to research this.

Don't do the opposite however! Don't thread your Overlander handle (10-32) onto an Athena or Tatara. That will bind up and gall the threads :eek2:

... Thom

I didn't think the Henson used M5 threads...how smooth and how tightly does the Timeless Crown screw into the Henson head?

Butter smooth, and as tightly as the original handle.... tightening the last one and a half turns with a blade loaded
requires overcoming the tension the underside of the baseplate presents. That is by design as it locks the blade
in a vice-like grip.

Top Bottom