What's new

1st red dot try

But did you get a Utilikilt? He taught an AK class wearing one, that I attended!
I couldn't afford the entry for one of those. I do have a kilt, but it's shorter.šŸ«£šŸ˜
Ā 

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Body type plays a part in concealed carry. I'm not the lean 155# I was in highschool, but I carry a G35 on a modestly regular basis, AIWB. A good holster is key.

Guyabara, Hawaiian, and "anglers" shirts are all helpful too, or you can pay a bit more for quality flat-hem, untucked-style dress shirts.

Philster, Tulster, and Werkz all make production kydex with a molded wedge & wing (or wing can be added). Keeper's Concealment is a premium holster, but will cost you a bit more.

I've used a fanny-pack before too, but that's when I lived 90% of my waking hours in scrubs.šŸ˜Ž
I have found medical scrubs (shirts) useful in the past. They don't tuck in, are deliberately loose, and good ones wear like iron - they're generally thick material, made to wash many x many times. And nobody expects a medical professional to be packing.

Signed, Dr. A.A. Feelbad
"What's good for the nurse is always good for the doctor."
Ā 

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Yep....I have a baby blue, salmon, and mint green
Takes a real man to pull off pastels! I even got paid to wear 'em back in my pro-feshnal days.

I wear more Hawaiian Shirts than Don Ho in the summertime. Sports coat and vest in the winter months (about 9 or 10 months here in Michigan) conceal well enough.

@OkieStubble , you should see me in mint green. Drives the lovely War Department wild, I tell ya!
Ā 

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Takes a real man to pull off pastels! I even got paid to wear 'em back in my pro-feshnal days.

I wear more Hawaiian Shirts than Don Ho in the summertime. Sports coat and vest in the winter months (about 9 or 10 months here in Michigan) conceal well enough.

@OkieStubble , you should see me in mint green. Drives the lovely War Department wild, I tell ya!

Truth. :)
Ā 
At first, using the red dot was weird. The dot seemed weirdly distorted (I have astigmatism corrected by glasses). It was great having the dot as a reference point, but it wasn't the precise experience I had expected. Then I remembered that I'm supposed to be looking at the target, not the sights, so I pulled out my distance glasses, and darned if everything didn't get really crisp and nice. I still have plenty of acclimation ahead, of course, but this is looking like a very nice path.

It's amazing how many folks make the same mistake of looking at the dot and not the target. Looking at the target sharpens the dot and allows for faster acquisition. I know this because I did the same thing when I got my 1st pistol optic.
Ā 

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Not so amazing, really. We're all used to iron sights. You'd have to expect some unlearning.

I just turned 63 in March and am trying to learn and transition to a dot after decades of putting thousands of rounds down range with iron sights.

I have astigmatismā€™s in both of my aging eyeballs, but even so; I still try to shoot without corrective lenses because they never helped me with focusing on the front sight while the target is blurry.

I didnā€™t realize focusing on the target with corrective lenses will sharpen up the dot. I think a visit to my Optometrist for a new and updated prescription is in order. :)
Ā 
My wife fired a SIG 400 Tread today. She loves it.
what does Tread stand for?
she mentioned on the way home that she should have started with a ported barrel on her first pistol.
my 365 went 400 rounds before the front sight almost flew off to the right. Having a store gunsmith a few feet away got it fixed right then and there. Another 100 rounds and have zero failures to function.
i took a private shotgun lesson. First time shooting one.
loved it. Sitting on my couch practicing loading with dummy rounds short stroked it trying not to make too much noise with my wife sleeping. Ithaca 37 is not easy to clear. Could not find any utube explanations but lifting the rear round and sliding the round into tube cleared it. The range only allows slugs so soon I will see how many it takes to beat me up.
how many slugs are your limit?
Ā 
When I was young & hardcore, I'd run ~250 field loads for handling & function, and another 100 3" mags, split 00 buck and slugs, through a Benelli M1 or M3.

Not so much anymore.šŸ©» I switched over to gas guns, so they're milder, but I haven't done more than 20 slugs in one session in years. After awhile, you have enough aches & pains and you don't try to see how far you have to push to trigger more!šŸ˜œšŸ˜

Do let us know, tho'!šŸ™‚šŸ‘
Ā 
Bringing this back to dots & what not, I believe I've settled on my Shockwave setup. So far my Romeo 5, on a North American Defense QD mount, is running strong. I've been pleasantly surprised with the Romeos, and I've run 2 cases of the aforementioned field loads so far.

My next outing, I'll be trying my ported barrel, and if that cuts the front end jump as I suspect it will, that's my last addition.
Ā 

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Bringing this back to dots & what not, I believe I've settled on my Shockwave setup. So far my Romeo 5, on a North American Defense QD mount, is running strong. I've been pleasantly surprised with the Romeos, and I've run 2 cases of the aforementioned field loads so far.

My next outing, I'll be trying my ported barrel, and if that cuts the front end jump as I suspect it will, that's my last addition.
We need pics of your final set up!
Ā 
Top Bottom