What's new

The Great Canadian Pass Around Box 5 (Signup + the round) CTB5

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
@linty1 You’ve got the basic formula nailed down. Odd & ends are exactly that … partial bottles that you no longer regularly use. The main purpose of that is simply to find a use for them.

I’m still on vacation for a few more days (it’s a sacrifice, I know) and hate posting from my eye-foney.

mcee_sharp

MCEAPWINMOLQOVTIAAWHAMARTHAEHOAIDIAMRHDAE
Like the Littlest Hobo, pass-around boxes are in our life for a short time before they move on....

There’s a voice that keeps on calling me
Down the road is where I’ll always be

Every stop I make, I’ll make a new friend
Can’t stay for long, just turn around and I’m gone again.

Maybe tomorrow, I’ll want to settle down,
Until tomorrow, I’ll just keep moving on.

It was a great opportunity to try a lot of cool stuff, and fall in love with a couple of things. It's all packed up now, and I'll ship it down the line tomorrow. Thanks for organizing this @Luc and thanks to everyone taking part.

It arrived a little moist and fragrant, so I've replaced cap, made a "bandaid", and divorced the liquid items from the hardware to keep the HW dry, and non-leaky softwares. Some items still have a pleasing fragrance :D

• LOVED the straight, I have a strop and SR on its way (and may buy a second SR <winks at Luc>
  • LOVED the Palmolive stick, kept it!
  • LOVED the MMOC, but don't want to get into another format razor currently
  • Honourable mentions to many more items, enjoyed all items I tested
  • I also kept the tuck of Polsilvers and added some Nacets and Bics
  • Added an unused Alum block and RR Titanium handle
Link to pics, as a second layer of anti-spoiler tech:

mcee_sharp

@Ramathorn the box is on its way to you now, tracking, not active in system yet is 0105933162825201

Would have been a couple of $ cheaper for me to just buy a new medium flat rate box, but didn't feel like unpacking/repacking.

Assuming it all fits, and is <5 kg when it goes back east, a new medium flat rate is the best bet at $24+tax Presently weighing in at 3.72 kg.

I wasn't able to get to the mailbox until today. The box is larger and heavier than I expected. I opened the box in my den and started pulling out the treasures. There has been some leakage in the aftershave collection. Thanks to the expert packaging by @mcee_sharp the dampness was contained within the one package. It is strong enough to make my nose twitch. I'll let it rest in another room for now.
I've just finished going through the box and have pulled a few items to start with. I'll try to get some pictures tomorrow.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
If it's the same bottle that leaked, it will need to be decanted into a new bottle (the dollar store sells some for cheap in the travel kits). It could be taken out if it's too much of a problem or it will need to be sealed again to avoid any leaks. It depends on where it leaks.

I'm looking forward to your discoveries!

mcee_sharp

I wasn't able to get to the mailbox until today. The box is larger and heavier than I expected. I opened the box in my den and started pulling out the treasures. There has been some leakage in the aftershave collection. Thanks to the expert packaging by @mcee_sharp the dampness was contained within the one package. It is strong enough to make my nose twitch. I'll let it rest in another room for now.
I've just finished going through the box and have pulled a few items to start with. I'll try to get some pictures tomorrow.
Ugh, sorry to hear that the leak remains :\ My basement office smelled glorious for a while, it really helped mask the litter box odour.

I replaced the cap on the Epsilon bottle, but I still see it as the most likely suspect. I have an empty apothecary bottle with cap and reducer (one of those amber bottles) and I can send your way if you want it?

I can tell you that as much as I like shaving, I dislike taking SOTD phots. I have a few shaves with the RR Hawk now. It has been a while since I have used an artist club razor and I've enjoyed revisiting it.
I have used the Gada Marine and Musgo Real Spiced Citrus. While both solid products, I don't think either one is for me. The Stirling Mountain Man hits right though.
I have the Muhle R41 and the Valet cleaned and on deck. I'll try one this weekend and the other to start next week.
I feel like it's Christmas and I got so spoiled. There are so many products it's hard to decide what I need to try before moving the box along.

Attachments

• IMG_4018.jpeg
    IMG_4018.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
Top Bottom