What's new

1st red dot try

My local shooting range is closing down.
they had a low variable loan to run run the range. Now their loan went to 10.5 so they are selling the property to the city. Great bargain for the city.
the local city is getting a bargain for a emergency response center that is hurricane proof. Great day for local police training ranges.
so I am going to rent a Sig 365 red dot as much as I can for the next two months. Red dots will work for me. I will try to get a couple of thousand rounds in the next two months.
the trigger is great and I think I will improve quickly.
dry firing at home my left hand is great but sad firing rounds At range was a disappointment.

the trigger pull is great so a little practice will show a great improvement.
must resist a 365.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
My local shooting range is closing down.
they had a low variable loan to run run the range. Now their loan went to 10.5 so they are selling the property to the city. Great bargain for the city.
the local city is getting a bargain for a emergency response center that is hurricane proof. Great day for local police training ranges.
so I am going to rent a Sig 365 red dot as much as I can for the next two months. Red dots will work for me. I will try to get a couple of thousand rounds in the next two months.
the trigger is great and I think I will improve quickly.
dry firing at home my left hand is great but sad firing rounds At range was a disappointment.

the trigger pull is great so a little practice will show a great improvement.
must resist a 365.

Resistance is futile…. :)

Sorry to hear about your local range closing down. That sucks. I really like my range and hope it is there forever.

I had my first range visit with a red dot last week, and I'm an instant convert. My eyes are not wonderful, and getting the iron sights lined up for an accurate shot can be a struggle. Rough shooting, no problem, but if the front sight is going to be absolutely level with the rear, and exactly centered, it's going to take me a while to find that position after a shot. My usual pattern is that the first shot is great, and the ones after have a tendency to spread out.

At first, using the red dot was weird. The dot seemed weirdly distorted (I have astigmatism corrected by glasses). It was great having the dot as a reference point, but it wasn't the precise experience I had expected. Then I remembered that I'm supposed to be looking at the target, not the sights, so I pulled out my distance glasses, and darned if everything didn't get really crisp and nice. I still have plenty of acclimation ahead, of course, but this is looking like a very nice path.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I'm a big fan of the SIG P 365. I bought the original and later converted to an P365X with a Wilson Combat grip module. Also added an MCarbo trigger and springs. Brought the original trigger pull of 6 1/4 lbs. down to 3 1/2 lbs. Love it.

They have a rental with Trijicon sight. The salesman said not happening. Yesterday my wife got sig 322 with red dot. She did well with the rental even with the red not sight so dim we could barely see it. She is hooked on red dots.

P 365 maybe today.
everything else I have is too big to carry.
when I got my S&W mountain gun I had it in a Fanny pack. Went into antique store and the old ladies started talking about sissy c**********. Realized they did not approve of my carry.

P 365 maybe today.
everything else I have is too big to carry.
when I got my S&W mountain gun I had it in a Fanny pack. Went into antique store and the old ladies started talking about sissy c**********. Realized they did not approve of my carry.
Body type plays a part in concealed carry. I'm not the lean 155# I was in highschool, but I carry a G35 on a modestly regular basis, AIWB. A good holster is key.

Guyabara, Hawaiian, and "anglers" shirts are all helpful too, or you can pay a bit more for quality flat-hem, untucked-style dress shirts.

Philster, Tulster, and Werkz all make production kydex with a molded wedge & wing (or wing can be added). Keeper's Concealment is a premium holster, but will cost you a bit more.

I've used a fanny-pack before too, but that's when I lived 90% of my waking hours in scrubs.😎

OkieStubble

Body type plays a part in concealed carry. I'm not the lean 155# I was in highschool, but I carry a G35 on a modestly regular basis, AIWB. A good holster is key.

Guyabara, Hawaiian, and "anglers" shirts are all helpful too, or you can pay a bit more for quality flat-hem, untucked-style dress shirts.

Philster, Tulster, and Werkz all make production kydex with a molded wedge & wing (or wing can be added). Keeper's Concealment is a premium holster, but will cost you a bit more.

I've used a fanny-pack before too, but that's when I lived 90% of my waking hours in scrubs.😎

Great post! I was just looking to see what Angler’s Cabela’s has on sale! And I just picked up two new Hawaiians made by the GAP! Got ‘em for a steal at Sam’s. :)

I also just ordered the molded wedge from Tulster for my G43X. The wife likes the wedge she uses for her 42 so I’m going to try it myself and see if it keeps the grip from poking when I wear a t-shirt.

The Real Tree anglers from Walmart are pretty nice and inexpensive. I buy them at the end of the season, often times for as little as 3 bucks. Between the short sleeve button ups and long sleeve pullovers, I probably have close to 30.

I spent a couple of decades on the water 1 or 2 days a week during the summer boating. Nearly always shirtless and usually without sunscreen. After a melanoma diagnosis a couple of years ago, angler shirts have become a big part of my summertime wardrobe.

I have not seen anyone wearing a Guyabara around here.down in Panama I picked up a couple but have not worn them since. I have a stack of Hawaiian shirts somewhere. Anglers shirt sounds like a great idea, thanks

Props to my brother in arms. I pray we meet in person that day.

599667_4150554282579_1134475370_n~2.jpg

If you can't run it like you live, you can't run it.😉

The Real Tree anglers from Walmart are pretty nice and inexpensive. I buy them at the end of the season, often times for as little as 3 bucks. Between the short sleeve button ups and long sleeve pullovers, I probably have close to 30.

I spent a couple of decades on the water 1 or 2 days a week during the summer boating. Nearly always shirtless and usually without sunscreen. After a melanoma diagnosis a couple of years ago, angler shirts have become a big part of my summertime wardrobe.
Glad you recovered from melanoma. My cousin never grew up after her father’s death. She is still emotionally 11 years old. her father was Swedish and lived on a pond swimming and fishing all year round. His year in Vietnam he spent every afternoon surfing. I will start looking for angler shirts.

OkieStubble

Not too many brutha’s out there dripping in Real Tree?

I need like a Leopard print my guy…. ;)

Top Bottom