What's new

Nfl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go packers!

$giphy.gif

On the plus side Bradford got pummeled but still kept bouncing back up.
Still on the plus side, he looked good to great in the second half.

On the negative side, #*$$) =#+$&*) +$=####&$$$&$$$###first half#=#) $%(%@==))&$)##***####:%%::)((#defense to shreds###@(#$##@@)#)::)#)call that a penalty?????#)(#))))):#@@!!!!!@??????#@@%:=))_$#@()time management what???&#(@::

So, is Peyton all played out? Does he still have another winning season left in him?

Discuss...

He'll have at least one more winning season because of the defense alone. If that D keeps playing like it did week 1, he won't have to put up a bunch of gaudy numbers every week. But I do imagine this might be his last season, because he doesn't look like he's got a whole lot left in him. That arm keeps getting weaker every year and opposing defenses aren't respecting that deep threat.

Well, once again my Chefs manages to A; Start a home game strong and smack that so and so Peyton Manning around and gain a fourteen point lead. B; Managed to back off on the defensive pressure, fumble away two critical carries by Jamaal Charles, stink up 3rd down beyond comprehension, and hand the Donkeys a tie score. C; Became typical Chiefs teams and started urinating down their legs in a Denver game, and managed to hand them a victory in the last 40 seconds with one of those turnovers. Check, normal, whatever you want to enter.

For crap's sake, Peyton Manning is nearly 40, his cannon is not what it used to be, and his never-superb-mobility is all but gone. We spotted them FIVE turnovers and it still came down to us fumbling the win to them in the last seconds of the fourth quarter. This franchise simply does not know how to win. And hasn't for a decade. We are truly cursed.

Well, once again my Chefs manages to A; Start a home game strong and smack that so and so Peyton Manning around and gain a fourteen point lead. B; Managed to back off on the defensive pressure, fumble away two critical carries by Jamaal Charles, stink up 3rd down beyond comprehension, and hand the Donkeys a tie score. C; Became typical Chiefs teams and started urinating down their legs in a Denver game, and managed to hand them a victory in the last 40 seconds with one of those turnovers. Check, normal, whatever you want to enter.

For crap's sake, Peyton Manning is nearly 40, his cannon is not what it used to be, and his never-superb-mobility is all but gone. We spotted them FIVE turnovers and it still came down to us fumbling the win to them in the last seconds of the fourth quarter. This franchise simply does not know how to win. And hasn't for a decade. We are truly cursed.

As a fan of about 45 years, I feel your pain, Phog Allen. I'm either starting to mellow out in my old age or am starting to give up on the team. While I still enjoy their wins, their losses (even as ugly as the one last night) don't really bother me much anymore like they used to.

Playoff run? Superbowl? I'd just be happy if they could beat Denver once. Or, the way it's looking, San Diego or Oakland for that matter.....

As an Eagles fan, I got used to it during the Reid years.
I feel your pain also.

As a fan of about 45 years, I feel your pain, Phog Allen. I'm either starting to mellow out in my old age or am starting to give up on the team. While I still enjoy their wins, their losses (even as ugly as the one last night) don't really bother me much anymore like they used to.

Playoff run? Superbowl? I'd just be happy if they could beat Denver once. Or, the way it's looking, San Diego or Oakland for that matter.....

I agree with you completely. I did not even get jazzed up to go to my buddy's house to watch like normal. This franchise has not won a playoff game since 1993 when Montana was here. The team that is owned by the family who's dad's name is on the AFC championship trophy. Oi.

As an Eagles fan, I got used to it during the Reid years.
I feel your pain also.

I was one of the few Chiefs fans who was not as excited as others about hiring Reid. He's smart and offensive minded but he's trying to play chess at times when he needs to simplify it and play checkers. I am not a fan of the play not to lose mentality because we dealt with that crap when Marty Schottenheimer was here and it ALWAYS cost us in big games. Last night was the same thing only in reverse. Andy started off by getting cute and passing from Denver's two yard line and winding up trading away a touchdown for a fieldgoal. Marty would do it by going to0 conservative in those situations and Andy does it by not handing it to Jamaal Charles who at the time was moving the ball at will. Only the NFL's all time leading yards per rush carriers. Yeah, that's right. He's averaging about a half yard more per carry than Jim Brown for career. And we don't trust him to make two yards.

Then the polar opposite starts happening. We get two TDs up on Denver, they decide the Kubiak way isn't working and go back to the shotgun and K.C. does what they do every time with a passing QB. They get worried, back off into zone or even worse, zone blitz, against one of the best passing QBs in history. And just leave a 10-15 yard cushion of wide open field right in front of him. Imagine everyone's surprise when Peyton went right down the field and ripped off a TD. We have two of the best LBs in the game, Derek Johnson and Justin Houston who were giving Manning fits and sacked him two or three times in the first half, and they back them off in zone? The pass rush became non existent. Look, you don't blitz a passing QB every play. I get that. But the last thing you do is let them get into a rhythm in THEIR game. You beat Manning by hitting him in the chops regularly. The guy does not like being touched, let alone hit. We did that in the first half and nearly shut him down til Andy's ridiculous play calling and clock management came along.

You know, a lot of people in K.C. were so happy about this hire because of the absolutely horrible coaching jobs done by the idiot H**m Ed****s(I won't even spell his name 'out loud') , Todd Haley, and the befuddled Romeo Crennel. They were so bad this looks almost good. That's how low this franchise is. And the fans still pack the stadium because they are the best in the league. This could tip irrevocably with the fans if they don't get their heads out of their bums. Sorry for the long rant but it is nice to have someone who gets it about Reid and the wacky play calling.

Last edited:
Todd, every word you wrote could have been written over the 15 years big red was here. No killer instinct, too much prevent defense/offense, not using right tool at right time, and clock management that makes Tom Coughlins game last week look like Einstein.
"I gotta do a better job"

Todd, every word you wrote could have been written over the 15 years big red was here. No killer instinct, too much prevent defense/offense, not using right tool at right time, and clock management that makes Tom Coughlins game last week look like Einstein.
"I gotta do a better job"

We hear it every week. I know he means it to stand up and take the heat for the team and players but as a local AM sports radio jock said last week; When do we just up and say this team is a reflection of its head coach?

I like Andy alright but this game management stuff is beyond weird. Even that doesn't bother as much as the Jekyll & Hyde defensive manoeuvers. The announcers were all saying the Donks made K.C. play the way they did because Manning was allowed by Kubiak to go back to the shotgun, etc. I agree but there's more to it. Reid KNOWS they will do this if the Broncos fall behind. It is a given in the NFL. Yet we watch them do the same things against teams that do not have all pro QBs playing for them.

Give Manning his due but anyone who has watched him can easily tell this is not the same guy you saw five years ago. It's just the nature of aging and loss of physical abilities. If you give the Patriots NOTHING else a bloke has to admit they wrote the playbook, formula or whatever you wish to call it for beating a Manning led team; Hit him. Early and often. Harass his receivers from the time they leave the line. THEN and only then mix it up with zones and WAY down on my list would be zone blitzes. And then only after you have a two or three touchdown lead on him. And if it goes south go right back to blitzing him. And play man to man defence. These teams all play zone behind blitzes anymore to stop the 'big play'. Really? You are getting your arse handed to you twenty yards at at time that way.

You DO NOT let a passing QB sit back with a wide open fifteen yard stretch down the middle of the field with no pressure on him. The last TD Manning scored against us Thursday was a simple down and in against a questionable safety who was behind the WR all the way down the field. Should stop that play yeah? No it doesn't because they are five yards off the receiver the whole way. I despise cover two zone and and all that stuff. It lets a passing QB establish a rhythm and he will simply go no huddle and shred you. Which is exactly what Manning did. We had that team beat and snatched it away with dumb play calling and turnovers. Beyond the typical armchair coach blaming I still say there is something amiss with the Chiefs. And it goes all the way to the ownership.

I'm taking a year off from football. I'll still check the scores and watch the Super Bowl, but that's it. So, for the next few months:

Yay Eagles!
Boo Cowboys!
Man, that Chip Kelly is a genius/moron.
And finally... Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom