What's new

Nfl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elway get's a piece of the puzzle. Maybe Tebow is next?
Huh, been busy, you scooped me there. Well, Sanchez doesn't suck as a backup but isn't the answer to a starting QB. Got him pretty cheap. Not sure what the plan is but I know Tebow isn't part of it! They took a low value with Tebow who McDaniels way overpaid for. They managed to win some with him & trade him quick while folks were still intrigued, getting some of that value spent back. The only smart move with Tebow was what Elway did there. No way they'd want him back which I think everyone knows.

Sanchez has an 86.6 passer rating and 55.0 QBR since the start of the 2014 season. Brock Osweiler has an 86.6 passer rating and 47.9 QBR over the same span. For the 2015 regular season, Peyton's QBR was 45.0 and Osweiler's 48.8. So as silly as it might sound, it might be an upgrade!

It's good to be an optimistic going into the next season.

Broncos right now look like the 2013 Texans. Kubiak and Phillips at the helm, good D and two good receivers. Decent offensive line, sub QB, sub RB. Rumor is Elway has initiated talks to get Hoyer. May look even more like the Texans. Maybe they can work some magic.

I don't know about Hoyer. I once thought he was pretty good but.not sure now, would have to look at him again.

I'm not exactly optimistic yet but don't see any reason to panic either. There's plenty of time and deals to be made.

So I thought about this a bit. Von Miller is a no brainer. I'm sure they want to keep Malik Jackson and Danny Trevathan as well although Jackson might be a challenge. And there's also David Bruton and Omar Bolden. They already took care of Derek Wolfe. Possible expendables I'd think wood include Evan Mathis, Louis Vasquez, Ryan Clady, Ronnie Hillman. Harris is under contract through 2019. Derek Wolfe is under contract through 2019. Safety Darian Stewart is under contract for another year. Veterans T.J. Ward and Talib are under contract through 2017 and 2019, respectively. They also have young, inexpensive talent like cornerback Bradley Roby, Shane Ray and defensive tackle Sylvester Williams behind them. Combine Ware and Miller with Harris, Talib and the safeties, and the Broncos can absorb a free-agency loss or two from among Marshall, Jackson or Danny Trevathan and still field one of the two or three best defenses in the NFL. Peyton is probably gone freeing up like $20 million in cap space. They'll have to see what Osweiller wants and decide if he's worth it. Etc etc...[emoji6]
Not much of what happened I the first couple of days was a real shocker as you can see from my previous post. I didn't really see CJ Anderson as expendable but honestly he's not the best we've had in recent years so I guess so. Didn't see Sanchez but OK. They just got Demarcus Ware's contract restructured. One step at a time, keep grinding...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom