Wow. Travel Veg.

Is the world ready?

We are going to find out -- real soon!

Here it is: Viseguy's Porta-Veg.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Here it is: Viseguy's Porta-Veg.

full

The veg in an atomizer? Sheer poetry. The more experienced Hussars during the Napoleonic era carried small atomizers of the Veg in their sabretaches—the leather cases that were worn slung across the shoulder. On the other hand, the average infantryman just had to lug the whole glass bottle around. It's said that this is the origin of the tall bearskin shakos worn by elite troops. The hats had to be large enough so that a soldier could fit an entire bottle of the Veg under it. They would then to into battle with that bottle of Veg on top of their heads. I once read that, during an artillery barrage at Jena, an entire regiment of the Old Guard had their bottles smashed and they were doused with the Veg from head to foot shortly before they collided with a couple of battalions of Austrian infantry. As soon as the wind shifted in their direction, the Austrian lines wavered and collapsed. Many years later, the grandson of the commander of the Old Guard tried to return the captured colors to the Austrian government. The gift was refused--the Austrians said "Keep it!" Rumor has it that the flags were still saturated with the fragrance of the Veg that had soaked the French soldiers.

My girlfriend thinks I smell old with it, but I love it. I don't know if I like any other Pinaud products that much either, but this one is really good.

Turns out the little spray bottle is just the ticket. I carried it in my gym bag and spritzed some on après la douche. Perfect! After that, I knew I had to do the same with Clubman Special Reserve (see photo below). Man, that SR is strong stuff! Even when spritzing, you've got to go easy on it, and the scent is not at its best (in my opinion) until a couple of hours later. What's nice about The Veg is that it mellows out quickly. A half hour or so after you put it on, it's one with your body chemistry. Magical stuff.

full

PS: Let's hope that a bar code never makes its way to the front label of The Veg! What were they thinking when they slapped one on the front of the SR bottle?!

Turns out the little spray bottle is just the ticket. I carried it in my gym bag and spritzed some on après la douche. Perfect! After that, I knew I had to do the same with Clubman Special Reserve (see photo below). Man, that SR is strong stuff! Even when spritzing, you've got to go easy on it, and the scent is not at its best (in my opinion) until a couple of hours later. What's nice about The Veg is that it mellows out quickly. A half hour or so after you put it on, it's one with your body chemistry. Magical stuff.

full

PS: Let's hope that a bar code never makes its way to the front label of The Veg! What were they thinking when they slapped one on the front of the SR bottle?!

I think a spray is great, I use Witch Hazel on a cotton pad, just splash on the veg though, but would be nice to spray it, less wasteful/more effective.

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro

Let us spray:

O Mighty Pinaud, thou who protectest all wet shavers from the ravages of uncivilized modernity, strike down the calumniators who accuse me of cavorting among felines with overly full bladders. Seal with masking tape of high quality the mouths of those who ascribe to me an involuntary change of gender and an advancement of years even unto the grave, or at least perilously close thereto. Guide and protect me and all my brethren (and sistern) on my way to the eternal late-nineteenth-century tonsorial establishment that awaits all wet shavers who remain true to the Oath!

Ah, men!

My word! TopGumby, you have some competition! :lol:

That is awesome!

My word! TopGumby, you have some competition! :lol:

That is awesome!

There is no competition in the Band of Vegetal Brothers, for he that posts with me, and wears the Veg on this day, forever will be my Vegetal Brother.

When the Nid Hog sounds the clarion call for Lilac Vegetal with evocative prose and his command of the historical significance of The Veg , does it not ennoble all the Veg Brethren?

When Viseguy expresses his deep understanding of the mysteries that swirl around The Veg, does not his supplication allow us all to stand tall? When he takes The Veg on the road, does he not show us the road forward?

When any wetshaver, anywhere, raises his voice, picks up his pen, or posts his appreciation for The Veg, does not the reflected glory of the The Veg splash freely over us all?

There is no "I" in Vegetal. There is however, room for all in this noble association of those who know The Veg!

Unless you make with the cat pee jokes. Then there ain't no room at the inn, pal.

The veg chose me too.. But I don't choose the veg... Smells like corn huskers lotion initially then that evaporates and smells like lilac... Don't care for it

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Sometimes when I whip up lather from no-name soap, I add a dash of Lilac Veg to the mix just to leaven things. Adds a nice note to the my morning song.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
The veg chose me too.. But I don't choose the veg... Smells like corn huskers lotion initially then that evaporates and smells like lilac... Don't care for it

Ahhh, but there's the rub...

If you don't care for it, then in fact you were NOT chosen.

Top Bottom