What's new

Cella Milano where have you been all my life?(review)

20230805_195615 (1).jpg

Hello fellas todays shave I went with the red team. I don't want to speak to soon but I probably had the best shave that I've ever had and I think its do to Cella Shaving Soap. I have used feather blades and my Gillette Red Tip many times over the past two years but I haven't had a shave like this. I have very course/thick stubble and sensitive skin that is prone to ingrown hairs. But I have solved this(ingrown hairs to be exact) through proper technique, skin prep, and the right gear. However as much as I have solved my ingrown hair problem I would still get some red spots underneath my neck area. Not a huge deal as they would go away after a day or so. It didn't look too bad but still something I was aware of. Today no redness at all and my skin felt soft as all heck and no irritation. The only thing that I have changed was using "Cella" shaving soap. I picked this up because I have never tried to deliberately buy shaving soaps without any "lanolin/linalool" which I found out was a source of quite a few allergies with peoples skin. From memory this is the only soap that I have ever used that didn't have this ingredient. I will keep using this soap consecutively and I will post updates on my journey for at least a few shaves. But regardless this is the best my face has ever felt after a shave.

Scent: 7/10

Smells like not too sweet maraschino cherries. Very pleasant and not too strong of a scent. The wife liked it ;). Nothing crazy but nothing I see myself getting annoyed at after a long period of use.

Slickness: 8/10

Very slick and could even get better after getting more familiar with the product.

Cushioning/Protection: 9/10

Doesn't lather up huge volume but I don't quite mind so much for huge volume for lather when shaving but I barely felt the feather blade in my red tip. But considering this is probably the first time I've gotten 0 redness from shaving id say that the protection is top tier.

Price: 10/10

150ml for $10 is a steal and that's not considering the fact that you can find a kilo of this stuff for a little less than 40 bucks. That's very affordable and a darn steal.

Post Shave feel: 10/10

Amazing my skin feels very hydrated and soft with 0 discomfort.

Looks/Presentation: 10/10

I know this usually isn't a category most people rate lol but darn it if this isn't just a charming presentation. I love it. Its a red tub with an old man with a white moustache. You cant help but think of Santa Claus or some jolly older gentleman looking after ya while you shave.

Again Ill keep updating this thread whenever I can to see If this soap keeps performing as well as it did today.

Happy Shaving fellas! God bless <3

Thanks for the fine, thourough review of this seldom reviewed soap.
No problem. It was an awesome shave tbh. For such an inexpensive soap it has great performance and pretty clean ingredients. It doesn't have lanilool or lanolin which most soaps do. Again it was only one shave but for a first impression it definitely left a mark.

...Might give Arko a shot one day. Any luck with that product?

Arko is a cult around here! :laugh:

It won't cost much for you to try it. Maybe just get one stick to start with and see what you think. Good performance and very good value but a bit of a mixed bag as far as scent and post-shave feel go. The scent I would describe as very strong Ivory soap and post-shave can be a bit drying, but nothing you can't take care of with an aftershave product. Those who are chosen really like it.

Arko is a cult around here! :laugh:

It won't cost much for you to try it. Maybe just get one stick to start with and see what you think. Good performance and very good value but a bit of a mixed bag as far as scent and post-shave feel go. The scent I would describe as very strong Ivory soap and post-shave can be a bit drying, but nothing you can't take care of with an aftershave product. Those who are chosen really like it.
"Those who are chosen" 😆 I'll give it a shot

View attachment 1697792

Hello fellas todays shave I went with the red team. I don't want to speak to soon but I probably had the best shave that I've ever had and I think its do to Cella Shaving Soap. I have used feather blades and my Gillette Red Tip many times over the past two years but I haven't had a shave like this. I have very course/thick stubble and sensitive skin that is prone to ingrown hairs. But I have solved this(ingrown hairs to be exact) through proper technique, skin prep, and the right gear. However as much as I have solved my ingrown hair problem I would still get some red spots underneath my neck area. Not a huge deal as they would go away after a day or so. It didn't look too bad but still something I was aware of. Today no redness at all and my skin felt soft as all heck and no irritation. The only thing that I have changed was using "Cella" shaving soap. I picked this up because I have never tried to deliberately buy shaving soaps without any "lanolin/linalool" which I found out was a source of quite a few allergies with peoples skin. From memory this is the only soap that I have ever used that didn't have this ingredient. I will keep using this soap consecutively and I will post updates on my journey for at least a few shaves. But regardless this is the best my face has ever felt after a shave.

Smells like not too sweet maraschino cherries. Very pleasant and not too strong of a scent. The wife liked it ;). Nothing crazy but nothing I see myself getting annoyed at after a long period of use.

Very slick and could even get better after getting more familiar with the product.

Doesn't lather up huge volume but I don't quite mind so much for huge volume for lather when shaving but I barely felt the feather blade in my red tip. But considering this is probably the first time I've gotten 0 redness from shaving id say that the protection is top tier.

150ml for $10 is a steal and that's not considering the fact that you can find a kilo of this stuff for a little less than 40 bucks. That's very affordable and a darn steal.

I know this usually isn't a category most people rate lol but darn it if this isn't just a charming presentation. I love it. Its a red tub with an old man with a white moustache. You cant help but think of Santa Claus or some jolly older gentleman looking after ya while you shave.

Again Ill keep updating this thread whenever I can to see If this soap keeps performing as well as it did today.

Excellent review. The soap deserves more attention. I am a fan of the red kilo block too.

You must visit their website for the presentation of their history, how Cella is made in a short video. Terrific site makes you want to buy Cella.

I recently used the Cella Bio tub. An amazing soap too.

View attachment 1697792

Excellent review. The soap deserves more attention. I am a fan of the red kilo block too.

You must visit their website for the presentation of their history, how Cella is made in a short video. Terrific site makes you want to buy Cella.

I recently used the Cella Bio tub. An amazing soap too.
That's sir! How is the bio compared to the original? Also why exactly are people saying that they prefer the kilo version besides the great deal that it is?

Only been wet shaving for 1 1/2 years but Cella red has risen to the top of my favorites (see my avatar). love the scent which always makes me think of Dr Pepper soda. So far Cella Red and Stirling mutton tallow soaps are my favorites. Only nut is the small jar makes it tough to load.

Only nut is the small jar makes it tough to load.

Cella is very soft - so extremely easy to scoop out into any other jar/container you might like (or mix with grated Mitchell's wool fat or Haslingers to make shave stick if you prefer).

I use shave sticks... but if I didn't i'd loojk to use this :-

a glass lidded jar by Iittala (and the outside knobbles would make it grippy for holding)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Iittala-1015373-Kastehelmi-container-11-6/dp/B0143FFQJW?th=1

proxy.php

Top Bottom