What's new

Praise to MdC Rose soap!

Today I had a fantastic rose themed shave. I used MdC Rose shaving soap, a Blackbird brass razor with a new Wizamet blade for a heavy 3 days of growth. I also used my Manchurian Simpson Polo 10, which turbo charged the amount of MdC Rose lather on my face.

A spotless BBS shave at the end! The soap is fantastic and now is my favorite MdC scent, with the Original and the Fougere the others I have tried. Expensive but last forever and produces some of the closest shave's I've had. The rose scent is very pleasant and masculine.

For the aftershave I used Omega Alum stick and I used Trader Joe's Rose Water facial toner.

After using moisturizer, I applied a liberal amount of Guerlain Habit Rouge EdT. The lemon is the cologne is very refreshing against the rose.

Happy shavings!
FeatherBBS

IMG_9028.jpeg

Glad to hear this. I currently have the Original, Agrumes, and Rose. My MdC Rose was a replacement for my Saint Sue Rose shave soap.

It is a nice light but rosy scent throughout and of course being MdC, produces a wonderful lather.

marty

This is the one that I haven't been able to try out yet. I have had samples of all the other ones. Currently in my possession are the Nature and the Vetyver, but you can't really go wrong with any of them I guess. Good to hear you like this one.

Oh I do long for this soap. I had a sample and loved it. If I were in the position to drop premium dollars on a premium soap, that would be the one. There's enough geranium that makes it pop. For those who know/remember the QED shave soap scents, this one feels like a mild hybrid of QED wild rose and QED rose geranium. Someday...maybe.

I also really liked the Rose scent in MdC. And I liked the aroma of the Fougere. I agree that Agrumes is a lemon mono. But I have a personal problem, the MdC soap is quite aggressive for my facial skin, so I can't use it because of constant burns. But this is purely my individual feature. I'm so glad you like it. The soap lathers very well and has amazing aroma.

It's a great scent, they managed to perfectly (in my opinion) capture the aroma of a freshly cut rose. I assume that's the geranium component, actually. Pure rose oil fragrances are rather heavy and less "natural" if that makes sense. I have some pure rose parfum from Bulgaria which, while it smells great, actually kind overtakes the freshly natural MdC scent in a way that's not as complementary as you'd expect.

It's a great scent, they managed to perfectly (in my opinion) capture the aroma of a freshly cut rose. I assume that's the geranium component, actually. Pure rose oil fragrances are rather heavy and less "natural" if that makes sense. I have some pure rose parfum from Bulgaria which, while it smells great, actually kind overtakes the freshly natural MdC scent in a way that's not as complementary as you'd expect.
I agree with you. In fact I have recently made my own aftershave, by using Stirling Unscented and adding Pelargonium Graveolens essential oil (Rose Geranium), and to me it is a perfect match for Rose shaving soap. I have rose essential oil too (one of those mixed with Jojoba oil), I like it, but it is very different from the scent of the soap.

Going to ask here as well: has anybody tried Geranium EDT, made by Martin De Candre?

I am working through a Maggard sample right now. It’s been a while since I used DR Harris rose so I’m trying to compare from memory. Anybody used both recently enough.
I have and use both -- I enjoy both from a performance standpoint. I think the main difference is in the lather - MdC is a triple milled hard soap and Harris is a cream - they do their thing well respectively.
Scentwise - Harris is a strong blast of Rose and is sweet. MdC scent and strength is that of a dozen roses on Valentines day at the dinner table ... present and natural but not overwhelming.

I have and use both -- I enjoy both from a performance standpoint. I think the main difference is in the lather - MdC is a triple milled hard soap and Harris is a cream - they do their thing well respectively.
Scentwise - Harris is a strong blast of Rose and is sweet. MdC scent and strength is that of a dozen roses on Valentines day at the dinner table ... present and natural but not overwhelming.
Does Harris not do the triple milled soap anymore? It was one of my first years ago.

I think MDC rose is probably the best in that field. TOBS rose is also good; and then I tried: Rosa Pfrofunda.....man....that is so strong and perfume like....NOT for me.....left it open one week....no change.

I hear 1912 has a good rose.....but I can't find it ever.....

TJ's toner is good.....I put an extra dose of alcohol to it.....

Top Bottom