What's new

The Last Movie You Watched?

I watched the original "Highlander" movie for the first time the other day. It was kinda cheezy but good. I used to watch the TV series all the time when I was a kid. I even had the knockoff version of Duncan's sword! :blushing:

Seems like that show was on the air just a year or two ago to me.

Yet more proof that I am rapidly getting old. :sad:

Miller's Crossing
"Hey Tom. What's the rumpus?"

I have to give it to the Coen Brothers. They have put out some interesting and varied stuff over the years. A fun ride.

I just watched Raavan a recent Bollywood Epic. Unfortunately I had purchased a copy that turned out to be a Bootleg I went to another store repurchased it on the promise it was an original it was a bootleg also The problem with the bootlegs was that the sub-titles were poor and you could just barly follow the movie, many words were spelt wrong or the wrong words used. But teven this showed me how good this movie was.

I found a third copy today in another store and was assured it was a true original but being sceptical I asked them to put it on their TV so I could check it out before purchasing . . . 3rd time was a charm:w00t: This was an original with proper subtitles After viewing it tonight with the proper subtitles I can honestly say this is one of the best movies I've seen in years.:thumbup:

The director chose to film on location even after being assured that they could pull it off with CGI a good decision the actores did their own stunt work and this is an excellent movie story wise, and visually, well worth persuing The version to get is the one marked as Reliance Big Home Video

Went out of town to visit my family and watched a lot of movies. Very briefly...

Robin Hood: The Russel Crowe version. I watched this with my brother. Neither one of us had any idea what was going on. There were so many things going on. My problem with the film is that this is not Robin Hood. Robin Hood is a dashing, charming, jovial guy who laughs heartily and plays tricks on the Sheriff of Nottingham. I don't care if this interpretation is more historically accurate (assuming a Robin Hood actually existed), I would prefer the merry Robin. I wouldn't say it was a bad movie, just not what I want from Robin Hood. Of course I knew it would be like this going in...

Date Night: Really bad. Considering the movie is starring two of the top comedians right now, I expected much more.

The English Patient: I watched this with my Mom. We both thought it was awful. I don't get it. I really don't get it. What was good about it? I didn't sense any chemistry between Ralph Fiennes and Kristin Scott Thomas. I didn't find the Fiennes character likable at all. The Juliette Binoche scenes were dull. I didn't character a bit about any of the characters in the movie.

The Wolfman: The recent one. It was fun. I love Victorian settings, so that made it endearing.

The Manchurian Candidate: The original. Pretty good. My only real gripe was Laurence Harvey's total inability to hide his English accent. It was so blatant that I actually started wondering if he was supposed to be English.

Went out of town to visit my family and watched a lot of movies. Very briefly...

Robin Hood: The Russel Crowe version. I watched this with my brother. Neither one of us had any idea what was going on. There were so many things going on. My problem with the film is that this is not Robin Hood. Robin Hood is a dashing, charming, jovial guy who laughs heartily and plays tricks on the Sheriff of Nottingham. I don't care if this interpretation is more historically accurate (assuming a Robin Hood actually existed), I would prefer the merry Robin. I wouldn't say it was a bad movie, just not what I want from Robin Hood. Of course I knew it would be like this going in...

The movie was supposed to be about what happened in his(Robin's) life to make him into the Robin Hood we all know. The account of his life prior to the usual stories.

I thought it was a good movie, but I'm not very picky to be honest. I also enjoy movies in that time period, so that helped for me too.

I watched Match Point yesterday. The only other Woody Allen film I had seen before was Deconstructing Harry, which I hated. Match Point was much better, in my opinion. I have a few more of Woody Allen's movies in my Netflix queue.

A local theater has been showing a few halloween movies later at night this week, and Saturday night I got the fun of a free 10:30 PM show hosted by Troy Taylor (author of the Haunted Decatur books). The movie was Trick r Treat, a neat little horror flick set on halloween night. I actually can't believe this one went straight to DVD, it was really good! I may have to buy it and add it to my collection! :thumbup1:

I watched Exit Through The Gift Shop last night. A pretty interesting movie I thought but man, some rich people have way more money than sense.

I especially liked the scene where the guy was pricing his items on the day of his show. He was just pulling random numbers out of his head.

I watched The Talented Mr. Ripley today. It certainly was interesting. I could not help but feel that Leonardo DiCaprio could have done a good job as Mr. Ripley too.

I watched The Talented Mr. Ripley today. It certainly was interesting. I could not help but feel that Leonardo DiCaprio could have done a good job as Mr. Ripley too.
I agree with everything you said. I own this movie; I think it has quite the ensemble cast. The scenery itself is worth the price of admission. Some nice sountracks, too.:thumbup1:

The Girl Who Played with Fire: Sequel to The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Not quite as good as that film, but still entertaining. I'm looking forward to the third and final film.

The Long, Hot Summer: Great rapport between Newman and Orson Welles. I liked it a lot.

The Devil's Backbone: A Spanish horror film from Guillermo del Toro. It was all right. Nice to look at, but not that suspenseful or frightening. Nowhere near as good as The Orphanage, in my opinion.

Went out a couple of times recently and watched Secretariat and Red. I've always been a John Malkovich fan, and he's terrific in both of these.

Halloween long weekend:

House on Haunted Hill Rifftrax Live: Live telecast (saw it in Lowell, MA) with the former MST3K guys taking on this Vincent Price groaner along with a short featuring a grocery store witch and another with a talking paper bag. My face still hurts!

Dracula 2000: The girls wanted to see Gerard Butler in his first role. OK film with decent eye candy in form of Jennifer Esposito and Jeri Ryan (and Mr. Butler if you're so inclined). Clever take on Dracula's back story that explains his aversion to crosses and silver.

Haunted Mansion: Pretty well done comedy that has Eddy Murphy and a gorgeous Marsha Thomason trapped in a big, creepy house. Terrance Stamp is great as the demented butler.

Predators: Latest installment is about on par with the original (considering they've only fought Aliens and Danny Glover in between, that's not saying much really). You do find out that the Predators are dog lovers (though I couldn't quite place the breed) and that Laurence Fishburne apparently has a store of Chubby Hubby in his underground lair. Overall, the cast did a very credible job of dying from various punctures or severe lacerations, though Adrian Brody and Alice Braga do stick around to reprise Schwarzeneggar's role.

Last edited:
Top Bottom