What's new

Superlather?

I´ve noticed that the term superlather is pretty frequently used around the forums and if I have gotten it right it refers to the practice of combining/mixing two or more kinds of soaps and/or creams to get even better lather.
Someone wrote about mixing Col Conk Lime with Proraso cream and getting very good results.
How do I go about doing this? Anybody tried this particular combination?

From the Wiki:
"Super lather
A lather created from using both shave soap and shave cream together, in order to get extra slick lather. "

You got it right :thumbup1:

Boots Cool Cologne Lather Cream works brilliantly worked on a puck of Erasmic. Palmolive Cream and Erasmic is pretty good too.

Last edited:
... Someone wrote about mixing Col Conk Lime with Proraso cream and getting very good results. ...

Hmmmmm ... why hadn't I thought of this before? I don't have many soaps/creams, but I do have these two! I must try this!! :w00t:

--------------

Very easy to mix. The lather is really great. Any soap and any cream will do the trick. Try adding the glycerin, just a few drops, and the lather gets really slick. :thumbup1:

Lynx,

An alternative to glycerin, and to add more slip to the lather, use a couple of drops of 'personal lubricant' :blush:

I use 'KY' .

As shaving soaps and creams are on the alkaline side, you will find that the 'personal lubricant' will thicken up your lather considerably.

The use of these lubes really ramps up the slickness of the lather.

Please try and report back your findings (if everybody is not too embarrassed !! :001_smile)

I found that this mix worked particularly well for DE shaves (of my face !!!)

Have fun !

Best regards

Russ

Lynx,

An alternative to glycerin, and to add more slip to the lather, use a couple of drops of 'personal lubricant' :blush:

I use 'KY' .

As shaving soaps and creams are on the alkaline side, you will find that the 'personal lubricant' will thicken up your lather considerably.

The use of these lubes really ramps up the slickness of the lather.

Please try and report back your findings (if everybody is not too embarrassed !! :001_smile)

I found that this mix worked particularly well for DE shaves (of my face !!!)

Have fun !

Best regards

Russ

Russ:

Thanks for the tip. :thumbup1:

This was the best shave I have ever had. Mixed a few drops in my lather and did not see that much difference in the looks of the lather. But when my razor got to my face it just glided. In fact, I increased the setting on the FB I was using this a.m. to 8 and needed only three passes instead of my normal four. Plus, the shave around my neck - usually a tender spot - was flawless.

The only problem I had was to explain to my wife why I was taking the KY to the bathroom! :blushing:

I may try this as a pre-shave oil. It is a lot cheaper than T&H!

I think we have failed to answer the OPs question as to how do you make super lather. Since I havent tried super lather, I can only guess.

I would say make your lather with a soap as normal and drop a small scoop of cream into your bowl. Add additional lubes at that time as well.

Russ:

Thanks for the tip. :thumbup1:

This was the best shave I have ever had. Mixed a few drops in my lather and did not see that much difference in the looks of the lather. But when my razor got to my face it just glided. In fact, I increased the setting on the FB I was using this a.m. to 8 and needed only three passes instead of my normal four. Plus, the shave around my neck - usually a tender spot - was flawless.

The only problem I had was to explain to my wife why I was taking the KY to the bathroom! :blushing:

I may try this as a pre-shave oil. It is a lot cheaper than T&H!

:lol::lol::lol:
So what happens now KYAD?!
Get the warming, that will be awesome! :lol:
Then we will have things such as, "I personally prefer AstroGlide to KY, it feels a little less sticky and lubricates better and longer" :lol:

Sorry guys, really this isn't a bad idea and believe me, I've thought about doing it before, just never actually went through with it.

THANKS!!!

I am always surprised how many interesting and creative opinions comes bouncing back as soon as a question is dropped into the forums!

I will try all the great ideas. The KY suggestion is a bit outside the box and REALLY creative. :lol:

Is glycerin sold at pharmacies? If not, where can I get some?

Tomorrow morning I will give the Conk Lime/Proraso a go.

THANKS!!!

I am always surprised how many interesting and creative opinions comes bouncing back as soon as a question is dropped into the forums!

I will try all the great ideas. The KY suggestion is a bit outside the box and REALLY creative. :lol:

Is glycerin sold at pharmacies? If not, where can I get some?

Tomorrow morning I will give the Conk Lime/Proraso a go.

You can get glycerin at health food stores. I know Vitamin Shoppe carries it.

:lol::lol::lol:
So what happens now KYAD?!
Get the warming, that will be awesome! :lol:
Then we will have things such as, "I personally prefer AstroGlide to KY, it feels a little less sticky and lubricates better and longer" :lol:

Sorry guys, really this isn't a bad idea and believe me, I've thought about doing it before, just never actually went through with it.

All of this really brings home the notion of faceterbating.:lol::lol::lol:

Top Bottom