What's new

Captain's Choice Shaving Cream Sampler

I tend to talk about shaving to friends and family - a lot. So it wasn't surprising for me to find a CC Shaving Cream Sampler under the tree for Christmas. I left it under the tree until the new year and started rotating through seven of the eight selections on New Year's Day. I've set aside the mentholated Nor'easter until the heat of summer.

All seven performed well, as you would expect from the Captain's products. Since transferring the cream to a larger bowl didn't seem practical, I dug out my smallest usable brush, a Simpson Case in Best to load straight from. Loading that diminutive brush, I was able to get five or six shaves out of each sample. All lathered easily and provided slick, stable lather.

Scents are very subjective and I'm not a real "scent hound" like some of the guys here but I found all seven scents to be pleasant. All were mild to moderate in terms of strength.

The Lime was fairly simple, but not as basic as the Conk lime. Less Kool-Aid and more like the wedge on the top edge of your cocktail.
The 45th Parallel, with its cherry blossom notes was a bit remini-scent of a park in springtime.
Probably my favorite was the Eucalyptus. I think that was the first eucalyptus scented soap I've used and it really intrigued me.

Well done, @Captain Pre-Capsize.

The CC soap is very effective, especially slick and quick to lather. But it leaves a stubborn oily residue on my brush tips, even after thorough rinsing. Does the CC cream do this?

I haven't seen an oily residue from the creams, but then again, I didn't see ant residue from the soaps either. Make of that what you will.

I haven't seen an oily residue from the creams, but then again, I didn't see ant residue from the soaps either. Make of that what you will.
No one else on B&B seems to have mentioned the residue either. Maybe my soap puck was defective or unusual in some way.

I'm just starting to work through a CC sampler pack. I'll comment on them in one grouping when I've gone through them all. I'm hoping to find a new scent that I want in the rotation. It also helps that CC is about five miles from me, so I can meet up to pick up an order.

Top Bottom