What's new

Acquisitions Monday October 16th - Sunday October 22nd

Got a bunch of stuff from our baby shower but nothing for me. But we are having a boy so it will we a good excuse to stock up on razors and brushes, for when he starts shaving:biggrin:

GFT limes soap (scent reminds me of the yellow lemon soap we had at elementary school, only better).
Bronnley lavender bath foam (I'm about to dive in as we speak :001_smile )

Got back from my New York trip. Had time to go by Pasteur's Pharm and picked up a few tubs of Taylor (lavender, barber shop, etc.) at $13.00 a tub!

Got plenty of shaving cream for a while.

I got a bottle of Sharps Wood Ease Body Wash from Target on clearance for 3.98. I also have two 1 oz. bottles of Em's Pre-Shave Oil and a new Mühle-Pinsel Silvertip on the way.

Shane

Noxzema Deep Cleansing Cream
Weleda Skin Food*
Avalon Organics Lavender Hand & Body Lotion
Crystal Deodorant Stick

*Wow, is this a superb hand lotion.

TraderJoe said:
Noxzema Deep Cleansing Cream
Weleda Skin Food*
Avalon Organics Lavender Hand & Body Lotion
Crystal Deodorant Stick

Wow, is this as superb hand lotion.

Joe, I have been using the alum block as deodorant and I LOVE it! Please let me know how they Crystal Stick works... I can't help but think it would be easier to use, but there is no powery residue from the alum block and I have heard this can happen with other ones.. So far I really love this tho and am not planning on going back to regular deodorants ever again!! :smile:

Sue (Mama Bear)

Mama Bear said:
Joe, I have been using the alum block as deodorant and I LOVE it! Please let me know how they Crystal Stick works... I can't help but think it would be easier to use, but there is no powery residue from the alum block and I have heard this can happen with other ones.. So far I really love this tho and am not planning on going back to regular deodorants ever again!! :smile:

Sue (Mama Bear)

Hi Sue, I've been using the crystal deodorants off and on for a couple years now. I'm sure an alum block could be used as well (probably even more suitable as I think they are more potent). And I've also not experienced powdery residue, but I've only used this one brand.

Which alumblock are you using?

TraderJoe said:
Hi Sue, I've been using the crystal deodorants off and on for a couple years now. I'm sure an alum block could be used as well (probably even more suitable as I think they are more potent). And I've also not experienced powdery residue, but I've only used this one brand.

Which alumblock are you using?

Gaurav talked me into the Shavex... I can't believe how much cleaner I feel using it...! This is new to me, I always used girls deodorant before. I love the alum! I love finding new things too (at my age....:biggrin: ) How are the alum blocks more potent, do you know?

Thanks!

Sue

Mama Bear said:
Gaurav talked me into the Shavex... I can't believe how much cleaner I feel using it...! This is new to me, I always used girls deodorant before. I love the alum! I love finding new things too (at my age....:biggrin: ) How are the alum blocks more potent, do you know?

Thanks!

Sue

I think the alum blocks are heavier, or "packed" more dense than the crystal deodorants. If I'm wrong, someone please correct me. I do, however, know for sure that alum blocks are perfectly suitable as deodorants (and a superior choice to using the standard store-bought antiperspirant...IMVHO)

I like using these deodorants because they allow you to perspire, which is a healthy process that allows your body to rid itself of toxins.

TraderJoe said:
I think the alum blocks are heavier, or "packed" more dense than the crystal deodorants. If I'm wrong, someone please correct me. I do, however, know for sure that alum blocks are perfectly suitable as deodorants (and a superior choice to using the standard store-bought antiperspirant...IMVHO)

I like using these deodorants because they allow you to perspire, which is a healthy process that allows your body to rid itself of toxins.

It has been suggested to me that I use it as a facial toner too... I am just not sure how I feel about using 1 block for both applications...... :eek: So, it is relegated to deodorant for now.... :001_wub: :smile:

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Mama Bear said:
It has been suggested to me that I use it as a facial toner too... I am just not sure how I feel about using 1 block for both applications...... :eek: So, it is relegated to deodorant for now.... :001_wub: :smile:

Hey Sue,

I've been using the crystal stick for years without issue :)

J

Mama Bear said:
Joe, I have been using the alum block as deodorant and I LOVE it! Please let me know how they Crystal Stick works...

Hey Sue..

Ive been using the crystal stick from Trader Joes for about 7 yrs now.
I like them very much.
Started because of concerns about Aluminum and Alzheimers' possible connections but I found they are effective and have no white or powdery residue to worry about.
Some people also use them on their feet. I havent tried that yet. Powder in my shoes feels really good:wink:
Oh yeah....I think they run about $5 a pop and a stick will last around a year or so. An extra perk.

Top Bottom