What's new

Marco Method Monday

I'd love to participate, but I'm not sure about what to do and how to proceed. Could the B&B experienced members tell me what exactly is the so called "Marco Method"? I'm really confused, so would greatly appreciate any help.

Sure! It is included in the first post in this thread. And it works well!! :a29::a29:

I decided to institute Marco Method Monday for my shaves.

If you are not familiar with the Marco Method, there are plenty of descriptions of it available on this site, but it boils down to using a wetter brush and loading more product to produce a voluminous yet still very slick lather. It was created by barbers in Italy specifically for the Italian soaps, but seems to work for a number of products.

If you need to see the original post on this method:

Today, I used the Marco Method on my Noble Otter Two Kings soap. This soap lathers marvelously with my regular method, but the Marco Method took it to the next step. It was a creamy and very slick lather, and I got an excellent shave. Almost indulgent.

I will return and report on all my future Marco Monday shaves, and I'd love to hear about yours.

** WARNING: If you choose to participate, please be aware that the post-Marco Method shave may require extra cleanup steps as your sink may be covered with extra lather :)

Please be aware Marco does not recommend this method for the wonderful SV soaps.
I do not currently own any of the esteemed SV soaps, but they are on my 'to-do' list. I'll keep that in mind when I do.

That is a good point to make. Even as well as this method works, it might not be suitable for every product or situation.

I do not currently own any of the esteemed SV soaps, but they are on my 'to-do' list. I'll keep that in mind when I do.

That is a good point to make. Even as well as this method works, it might not be suitable for every product or situation.
Oh, yes try SV, Marco is exactly right when he says they are k8ng of soap.

My method with boar brushes is to lightly shake out some water but ensure the bristles are completely saturated so they don't absorb the water from my lather.

I always get the best lather and never experience the boar eating the lather.

Please be aware Marco does not recommend this method for the wonderful SV soaps.
I use the Marco method with my SV soaps and I have only great lathers.
I use the Marco method with my synthetic brushes and a bowl lather. I scoop out about 1/2 tsp of SV soap or any soap I use. I spread it out thinly in the bottom of the bowl. I then cover the soap with hot water for about 2-3 minutes to soften it. When ready, I spinout the water from the bowl and place the water loaded brush into the bowl and the lathering process commences. I know that Marco used "the perfect lather method" for the SV soap, but I have had no issues in building a fantastic lather, rich and hydrated. Anyway, that is my way of using the Marco Method. Be sure to let gravity take out the excess water from the brush before putting it into the bowl.
Have fun.

70661399-13E8-49E4-BB9E-F70EA8CDF8F7.JPG

This soap doesn't need the Marco method, but it surely explodes when you use it. Such a thick, creamy lather. My shave today was insanely nice. I'm also convinced that the Omega 49 really shines using this method.

Top Bottom