What's new

If they remade Columbo?

Been watching the old episodes of Columbo. I’ve arrived at the ones made in he 1990’s. the technology is a little bit different of course (the current episode has part to do with dot matrix printers). Got me wondering about today‘s episode. I realize that DNA would solve this case easily.

I started wondering about remaking it and how different certain aspects would be. I had an idea who I’d get to be the new Columbo but it disappeared into the damage to my brain. Who would you get to replace Falk? What other changes do you think there would be?

If it did get rebooted, you know they do a gender swap, like The Equalizer. I watched the original airings of The Equalizer, haven't seen a minute of the reboot.

In that case....

Janeane Garofalo​

1710107659536.png

That I may watch. :001_wub:

Last edited:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Current Hollywood isn't the only place where characters are constantly revived.
In fact, the best characters are revived the most. Sherlock Holmes for example.
Bond has been going on for over a half a century with a lineup of 7 different actors.
If it was a decent remake, I'd watch it, and there are several actors who could pull off a similar character as Falk.
Ruffalo as mentioned, though he is getting kind of long in the tooth
ruffalo.jpg

as is another fave of mine Christoph Waltz (though I don't know if he has the accent chops to do it).
walz.jpg

Misha Collins from Supernatural would work,
collins.jpg

as would Sean Astin from Lord of the Rings.
astin.jpg

Charlie Day might work too if they shaved him.
day.jpg

I'd hope that they would do a same time frame gig, in the 70's before DNA and computer technology were the rage. A modern take would kill the "detective" aspect.
Would hate to see and wouldn't watch a prequel version, with some young brash Columbo learning the ropes and getting every aspect of his later character explained away.
I also would refuse to watch some modern gender swapped version. There are plenty of female actors that could technically pull it off, but it wouldn't be Columbo.
It would likely meet the same fate as the ill conceived and poorly executed Mrs. Columbo.
mrs.jpg

Last edited:

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Been watching the old episodes of Columbo. I’ve arrived at the ones made in he 1990’s. the technology is a little bit different of course (the current episode has part to do with dot matrix printers). Got me wondering about today‘s episode. I realize that DNA would solve this case easily.

I started wondering about remaking it and how different certain aspects would be. I had an idea who I’d get to be the new Columbo but it disappeared into the damage to my brain. Who would you get to replace Falk? What other changes do you think there would be?
Texchappy:
Whoever can play him...must be a 'bonafide' cigar smoker. :thumbsup:

1710117499649.jpeg
I think Mr. Bean would be a good choice. :lol:

proxy.php
"Just one more thing...there are a couple of loose ends I'd like to tie up. Nothing important you understand". Lt. Columbo

Texchappy:
Whoever can play him...must be a 'bonafide' cigar smoker. :thumbsup:

View attachment 1810358 I think Mr. Bean would be a good choice. :lol:

proxy.php
"Just one more thing...there are a couple of loose ends I'd like to tie up. Nothing important you understand". Lt. Columbo
Rowan Atkinson played detective Maigret in the TV series of the same name, he definitely can do more dramatic acting quite well.

Top Bottom