What's new

Hump Day Herf Day 18JAN2017-Pete Wednesday

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
I just wanted to do a quick recap. Beautiful pipes, everyone! I'd be happy to have and smoke out of any one of those! :thumbup:

Well, the weather cleared for a little bit, so I made hay while the sun shined! A bowl of C&D Super Balkan--

View attachment 717597

From this morning:
View attachment 717616
XL02 Rounstone Spigot w/ Campbell's #14

My Peterson Wednesday contribution = Pete Bulldog

A Pipe Smokers of Ireland group pipe with some MB Vanilla Cream flake
View attachment 717640

A different pipe smoker's club Peterson LE they commissioned, with some Peterson Irish Flake

View attachment 717670

Heinrichs Dark Strong Flake in my Tan Blast XL02...

View attachment 717678

My African Meer. I think it's from the early 80's, have never bothered to figure out the hallmarks.

Enjoying some Margate after cleaning up the New England snow

proxy.php

Peterson Christmas 2016 XL02
John Dengler Old Still (too lazy to run downstairs for Peterson Irish whiskey)
Jameson
My drinking buddy.
View attachment 717693

Number 2 bowl of the evening, Peterson Connoisseur's Choice in the 2013 St Pat's day apple

View attachment 717694

Sooo...I decided to smoke inside tonight. Irish Flake in a Killarney estate pipe. Funny thing...I asked SWMBO about the room note and she said she didn't smell it. I must be doing the training right.

View attachment 717714

It's so windy outside I thought I saw Margaret Hamilton fly by on her bike. Nevertheless, the nerf must go on. I finished off a tin of Bengal Slices in the "green" 02 spigot wildwest74 pif'd me. It came to me still pretty green, but looks mostly brown now with a slight green tinge. I like the look though, so no complaints.

View attachment 717733

I was a day late, since I forgot to pack up my Pete for a lunch time smoke, got it in yesterday successfully, so now I can start getting more smokes in mid week :thumbup1:

Wowzers lol. My "cellar" pales in comparison to many. I wish I could stash away more and get more variety. A little at a time I guess lol. My problem is I tend to pay more attention to pipe purchases than tobacco :blushing:
Eventually that balance will shift. In the meantime, just build slowly by buying more than you smoke. Hit the sales hard (IPSD is a month away), and before you know it you'll be buying pieces of furniture to store your cellar. :001_cool:

Top Bottom