What's new

February 2024 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

I am out.

I ran into a Bayonetta.
View attachment 1800129

Received my new Bayonetta.
Maiden shave today. Too early to say but first impression is hype about it is a bit overdriven. Got a good DFS+ 2,5 pass shave. Could not figure right shaving angle. Did usual two pass shave but felt some stubble and did touch-up . This was too much. Feel some irritation on sideburns.
7.5/10

Need do more shaves to figure it out.

DSCF5828_1.JPG

SOTD February 28th 2024
February 2024 GRUME
The 15th Annual One Blade in February Challenge

Hello friends

Beautiful day here. I woke up wanting to shave again, despite having shaved yesterday, but a quick 2 passes. Today, I managed to do more. Speick Cream and AS were splendid. Semogue SOC Finest, perfect. Pre-War Tech, magnificent. Gillette Nacet (14) in this fourteenth OBIF shave looks like she loves Tech.

It made me very happy!

With us, the sensational Don Byas.

Rating: 9,5

Have a nice day and great shaves!
❤️🪒

62A222E9-322F-4A6B-855A-806F87616C6F.jpeg
IMG_5379.jpeg

Day 28, 96.6% complete

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Nivea Men Shaving Creme
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: GC.84 SB, Al Handle, Personna 74 #36
Bowl: Turkish copper
Post-shave: Nivea Balm

I made a holder for the blade, out of a corner of a stiff cardboard envelope, and gave it 20 strokes per side (80 in total) on an inexpensive Haryali strop. The edge looked good and shiny after this treatment.

Used Nivea cream for a change. I was expecting the blade to be smoother but no sharper. What it felt like was a bit sharper (working more effectively), but not any smoother. If DE smoothness has to do with coatings, they'll be long gone.

I didn't wreck it, or cut myself or the strop, so I'll call that a win.

Day 29: Made my first GRUME! Congrats to everyone who hung in there. May you be blessed in March as well.

Today’s shave was a 3-pass+, DFS.

Pre-shave prep: warm water rinse
Pre-shave: Proraso White
Razor: RR GC-76P
Blade: Personna Medical Prep (5)
Brush: EJ Silvertip
Shave cream: Proraso White
Post shave: warm water rinse, alum block, cold water rinse
AS: Proraso White Balm

Have blessed end to the month.
IMG_3648.jpeg

Last day, another one down

Razor: Henson AL13+
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Classic (6)
Brush: Simpsons Commodore X2 Best
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Bowl
Preshave: GLYCE
Soap: Moon Old School
Aftershave: Moon Old School

IMG_1937.jpeg

Another successful GRUME. Only 10 more to go.

Make it a great day!

SOTD February 29th 2024
February 2024 GRUME
The 15th Annual One Blade in February Challenge

Hello friends

On this beautiful day, I decided to do something unusual for me: third shave in a row. So, in this way I say goodbye to OBIF with my fifteenth shave using the splendid Gillette Nacet (15). I learned this month that using the same blade many times in a row, something previously unheard of for me, has a very special grace. What is lost in depth is gained in smoothness. There were fifteen shaves without any cuts or even any irritation. I went back to my roots when it came to cream and aftershave: Bozzano. The most traditional in Brazil. The one my father used and the first one I used almost fifty years ago. I also chose to simplify the choice of brush, Trafalgar T3, and razor, 34C.

Thank you so much to @Mike M for the opportunity to participate in this incredible event.

Today, I also say goodbye to February 2024 GRUME and congratulate @FoolishMortal for bringing together this wonderful group.

With us, Pres and Teddy. I do not need to say anything more…

Rating: 10

Have a nice day and great shaves!
❤️🪒

C0212EAB-CA56-41E4-B126-4EF9E7850163.jpeg
IMG_5422.jpeg

Top Bottom