Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Here's another that's currently in heavy rotation:

proxy.php

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hirsute

Here's one from the library my son picked out. Not a great story, but at least there's a pipe in it.
proxy.php

proxy.php

I never realized this fact before, but yes, all our older children's books had the "Fatherly" figure smoking a pipe!!! How I miss that, the days BEFORE PC and whiners took over everything! Thanks for keeping the traditions alive!

Hirsute

Another gem from the library:

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Now that I'm a dad and a pipe smoker, I'm constantly surprised by the number of pipes that show up in children's books. Fathers and good-hearted men are often depicted with a pipe. So, I thought it would be fun to start a thread for these. Here's a few from some of my son's recent favorites.
Interesting and got me thinking I may need to update my intro and reason for pipe tobacco interest.
While I'm only 43 I recall what you day ringing true in many ways. Most people that smoked pope tobacco when I was young were often father's and we'll to do me and considered trustworthy. What happened to that connection I do not know but is interesting to me nonetheless how society has changed in the few years I have been here. Now all tobacco users are looked at negatively and down upon. Just thought I would share and glad to see so many posts as I reme,net a lot of the books!

MrZ

When I saw the title of your thread I immediately thought of Curious George. Didn't know why. But then I opened a couple of my son's books and realized that everyone smoked a pipe in Curious George's world. Even George himself:

IMG_4602.JPG

IMG_4601.JPG
IMG_4600.JPG
IMG_4599.JPG
IMG_4603.JPG

Hirsute

It's been a little while since I've posted in this thread, but I came across a new one in tonight's library book:

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
It's been a little while since I've posted in this thread, but I came across a new one in tonight's library book:

proxy.php

I hadn't seen this thread until your recent post. This is really cool. I have 6 children grown and gone and I know the wife has a bunch of their books from when they were younger stashed in the attic. My day off is tomorrow and I now know what i'll be doing. :)

Top Bottom