What's new

The Mystery of the Missing Pipe

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
I often search the house for my coffee cup, only to later, sometimes much later, discover it in the microwave where I was warming it up. And no, the pipe is not in the microwave, at least it wasn't this morning. The search continues.

If it makes you feel any better, Mrs. C lost a brand new smart phone a few years back.

The day after buying it, she couldn’t find it. We tore the house apart looking. Made a call to it, no ring. Finally, I asked her if it was still in the box. She said she threw the box away. I said go out to the trash can and get the box. Too late. It was trash day. And the trash truck had already come.

I walked over to the computer. We were able to track the phone's ride all the way to the landfill in the next county.

Unlike that phone, I'm sure this pipe will turn up eventually.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Kelly:
plus-one-png.797576
...;

proxy.php
"...the game is afoot". Sherlock Holmes

Last edited:

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
If it makes you feel any better, Mrs. C lost a brand new smart phone a few years back.

The day after buying it, she couldn’t find it. We tore the house apart looking. Made a call to it, no ring. Finally, I asked her if it was still in the box. She said she threw the box away. I said go out to the trash can and get the box. Too late. It was trash day. And the trash truck had already come.

I walked over to the computer. We were able to track the phone's ride all the way to the landfill in the next county.

That is one heck of a story brother. Not as bad as that guy who threw away tens of millions of dollars of bitcoin stored on a hard drive he threw away.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I don't thinks it's there. But, I've found myself going back and looking in the same spots and somehow expecting it to have appeared, as if by magic I suppose. I'm pretty sure it will show up when least expected somewhere down the line.

I do the same when I misplace my wallet or keys. I’ll check the car, the house, then go back to the car, then go back to the house, then the car again hoping I missed it the first and second time.

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
I do the same when I misplace my wallet or keys. I’ll check the car, the house, then go back to the car, then go back to the house, then the car again hoping I missed it the first and second time.

I think we all do that. We disbelieve our lying eyes, hoping the brain just missed what they said the first time.

I still do it with my reading glasses, which I regularly misplace. But that has a built in circular excuse, as I can't really see without them. 🙄

That is kinda funny.

When I was single and living an apartment, I left one early evening to go on a date and took a bag of garbage to the dumpster on my way to my car.

Just as I tossed the bag into the dumpster, I realized that my keys were in the same hand. Unfortunately, my aim was true and the keys followed the bag into the filthy abyss.

Of course I needed to retrieve my keys, so in I went. I must have looked in the nearly full dumpster for 30 minutes, when a truck pulled up to empty the dumpster.

I will never forget the look on the driver's face when I popped up screaming for his attention.

Never found the keys.

I went to the manager's apartment and, though he wasn't home, his wife let me in to call my date and explain why i needed to cancel (dumped her for a dump-ster?), and graciously allowed me to wait there for her husband to come home and give me a spare key.

So far no joy at our daughter and son-in-law‘s house. This is where I last know I smoked the pipe for certain, as recorded in POTD. But, it hasn’t appeared in my search this morning.
One thing for sure, the world will not stop turning because I’ve misplaced a pipe. Now I wait for the day I stumble upon the pipe, when least expected.

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
So far no joy at our daughter and son-in-law‘s house. This is where I last know I smoked the pipe for certain, as recorded in POTD. But, it hasn’t appeared in my search this morning.
One thing for sure, the world will not stop turning because I’ve misplaced a pipe. Now I wait for the day I stumble upon the pipe, when least expected.

Look at the upside of this.

Plenty of black friday sales are here or coming. And now you have the perfect excuse to buy a new pipe. No gentleman should be down a pipe this time of year.

And when you find the lost one, you'll be further ahead than when you started. And you will.

Top Bottom