What's new

My wife thinks I'm nuts

Welcome!
My wife was the same, she didn't say much but if you have eyes you could see what she was thinking because it was written all over her face. I just smiled and kept on my way. As long as I'm using my monthly (self imposed) allotted "fun money" she doesn't even acknowledge it! She does like a smooth head and face, though her pride won't let her say it too often!

Two answers:
1. After smelling some of the great floral aromas, SWMBO asked for a brush of her own. After awhile, she got a DE razor as well. I'm now "buying for two". It is better to have a co-conspirator than someone watching over you shoulder.
2. As far as taking up space... try something like this. $8 for spice bottle clips.
$BrushAndCabinet.jpg

I have my bathroom, she has hers. That makes it easy. We would like to share as we have for around 22 of our 27 years of marriage, but we figure sharing a bedroom and closet is enough for us now.

First, my wife already knew I'm nuts, so no problem there. Second, she was tolerant, but I could tell she thought going into DE shaving, along with razors, new mug, and soaps, was a bit extreme. But third, and most importantly, she likes the results, to the point of commenting when my shaves aren't up to the new standard.

I'll be married 12 years in a few months, and this summer will mark two years of traditional shaving methods.
I'm low-key about it all and don't take up much space at home. My wife is tolerant of and often warm toward the hobby.

Mine does but doesn't. She likes how it makes my skin feel but she just thinks it's funny how much I research and watch videos. I'm slowly starting to take over an entire shelf in the bathroom so well see how that turns out :tongue_sm

My wife isn't bothered. After 43 years of marriage, nothing surprises her. She's happy with anything that makes me happy, and I'm happy with anything that makes her happy.
++ 1 1

What he said. My wife likes it because I like it. Besides I do clean the sink and polish the chrome every morning now so that's a plus

Sorry to hear of the less than favorable stance from the wife...are you leaving her at least a little room in the medicine cabinet(s)? As a wife of a frequent wet shaver, I hope she comes around soon and embraces your new skills! :001_smile

Welcome.
My wife was a little apprehensive about it all to begin with but I got her some soap, a razor, and a brush and now i think she's starting to come around. I feel ya about losing cabinet space, I'm in the process of building a new shelf in my bathroom just for my shaving gear and I'm only a month into it! I guess if you can get her interested in it, it'll definitely make your purchases easier. Good luck

Get her a razor and a soap in a scent she might like and as ol' Walt Garrison used to say, "Put a pinch between your cheek and gum, sit back and relax"

attachment.php

At first glance as the page loaded I thought the razors were padlocks. I thought my wife gets into my shave stuff but...

You think you got it bad, my friend here got a divorce and remarried last year, the same woman,

Doublesharp

My wife is both frugal and loves vintage stuff which means DE shaving with vintage razors she can understand both the appeal and the cheap blades. She wants to try out one of my DE razors now too so no she doesn't think its weird. Im spending the same as carts but putting my money into the non disposable aspect of shaving, the handles.

After almost 6 months wince I switched, my wife still thinks I'm nuts... and she wants the bathroom back.... :lol:

LOTH here is just fine with my hobby! That is, so long as I limit what I have in the bathroom. So, most of my shaving stuff is in the shop!!

Top Bottom