What's new

I think I’m ready for my next razor

My first razor is a Maggard V3M. I’ve been at it for 3 months and I have had difficulty getting a close shave after 3 passes. I’m wondering if I’d prefer a more aggressive blade? My beard is not very thick so I thought a mild razor would be a good place to start.

Any suggestions for a second razor?

My first razor is a Maggard V3M. I’ve been at it for 3 months and I have had difficulty getting a close shave after 3 passes. I’m wondering if I’d prefer a more aggressive blade? My beard is not very thick so I thought a mild razor would be a good place to start.

Any suggestions for a second razor?
Loosen up the handle a little bit, the blade won't fully bend by the pressure of the top cap and it will leave up a small gap which will make the razor way more aggressive. I would try this out. BTW which blade are you using? I found some blades to be very bad like the Derby Extra.

Loosen up the handle a little bit, the blade won't fully bend by the pressure of the top cap and it will leave up a small gap which will make the razor way more aggressive. I would try this out. BTW which blade are you using? I found some blades to be very bad like the Derby Extra.
Interesting, I’ll give that a try.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Yeah, I know he's right. I have about eight or ten techs and wish I would've listened earlier. That would have saved me loads of money...
Yeah, I have loads of more expensive razors, but learning how to get a great shave with a tech teaches you to appreciate them all the much more. A handful of Flair Tips doesn't hurt either.
20231031_141358.jpg

~doug~

Update: I took advantage of a free shipping offer from Maggards and got the V3 and the V3A to compliment my V3M head. (I also added a couple Ariana & Evans soap samples). I jumped right into the V3A, and I have to say I was very intimidated by the blade just sticking out like that. But damn, it was an amazing shave. The first one where i was pretty close to a DFS without the need for several touch up passes. No weapers. I set myself up for success with a hot shower, wet washcloth soak and a 2nd use GSB blade. Also used A&E Kaizen soap which is next level, super slick, smooth and hydrating.

Top Bottom