What's new

SPEICKtember 2015

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
First shave this morning. Colonel Simpson lathered up the Speicky goodness like a champ. It's been a while; I forgot how awesome Speick smells. No Speick AS (yet), so I finished off with Stirling Executive Man, which didn't really match, but compliments the Speick nicely.
$image.jpg

Tonight's shave was great. I used my Speick stick with a Plisson brush and a Fatip razor. The Speick stick made a nice rich and creamy lather for both passes. Plus I had enough for touch up passes. This is truly a superb soap. I finished off with some Speick aftershave. A very enjoyable experience.

$Speick.jpg

So in honor of the first day of Speicktember, I used Speick cream for the first time today. It has a good clean crisp smell, and built a full slippery lather. I didn't have any Speick AS, but Krampert's Frostbite went along with it like they were made together. I don't plan to go the whole month straight, but it made for a very nice shave.

Had a great start to Speicktember. I'm going to be pressing my stick into a bowl sometime this month, but I wanted to get a few shaves in stick form first. Figured it'd be a bit tougher to go in the opposite order [emoji6] I even had a lil travel bar laying around, so I gave my hands a good wash as prep.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441166522.895273.jpg

Shave two was just the AS this morning. Got a hankering to use my RR SoZ, the scents go together surprisingly well! Good shave and Speick AS is fantastic.

I'm in with an unused Stick! I also do SEptember along with Speicktember so this september will be awesome theme month.

Shave two today. Decided to try tap water and my 23x46 silvertip fan. It loaded easily and built lather easily, tolerant of a lot of water too. Reminds me of AOS tallow but maybe not quite as slick and dense. Very great performance. Good shave aside from scraping my lip and burning it with the splash.

So far two shaves in and two grams used. Will be interesting to see if that usage stays constant. I am not lacking for lather!

Speick is surprising me. It's a fantastic little soap that I have been missing out on.

Today's shave was even better then yesterday as I'm still learning the ropes with this one.

Haven't been around B & B much recently. Was so pleased to see this thread. Haven't used Speick soap in months, kinda forgot about the little fella. I am in for Speicktember.
Now, who is going to join me for Tabactober?

I would be in for Tabactober, but I don't have any and Speick is on track to last for two months!

tankerjohn

Great shave this morning, though not quite as close since I used the Merkur 47c instead of the Sledgehammer. Still good enough for work. Plus, I should have a bit longer stubble tomorrow, which actually makes the shave stick better.:thumbup:

tankerjohn

A couple questions for all you Speickaholics out there. What's the general consensus on the stick vs the cream? I know YMMV and all that. But what do you guys think? Is the scent the same between the two products. Also, what about Speick Active? I don't see anyone using that line for Speicktember. Is it any good?

Glad this thread reminded me I have a Speick stick stashed away. Used it yesterday and today.

I was reminded what a terrific soap it is. Fantastic performance and nice scent at a reasonable price. What more could you ask?

Top Bottom