What's new

SPEICKtember 2015

I have a partly used Speick stick that I've gotten away from -- for no reason other than owning other stuff, because it's good.
I wanted the splash for a long time, and got it not too long ago.
I don't know that I want to use them for a month solid, but I might yet change my mind!

Forcing myself to stay with one product is fun! I have a tube and a stick, plus half a bottle of splash. I'm ready to go. I might limit myself to my Shavemac brushes and make it a German September.

Oh hey I could do that as well! I have a Thater, three Shavemacs, and another Shavemac on the way. Actually I use my German brushes at least 6 days a week anyway. But I wouldn't want to just limit myself to my Muhle R89.

For those participating, share what you appreciate or learn about Speick throughout the month. If you're like me and alter soaps and aftershaves daily, sticking with a product for a month gives you many opportunities to make observations that you otherwise wouldn't.

I've been 3017'ing a couple of soaps lately so I'm hoping that experience can let me dial in Speick quickly. I've never really used shaving sticks before so I hope to learn how to get the most out of them.

I've been 3017'ing a couple of soaps lately so I'm hoping that experience can let me dial in Speick quickly. I've never really used shaving sticks before so I hope to learn how to get the most out of them.

I find shave sticks fun to use. Certainly different than any other method. Here is a guide on how to use a shave stick that you might find helpful.

1. Wet your face.
2. If the soap has a wrapper, peel off about a ½ inch of it.
3. Rub the soap all over your beard area. Put it on heavy so that you can see a white paste on your face.
4. Then take a wet brush and give it one good snap of the wrist and a couple of downward thrust to shake off excess water. Then start using circular motions on your face to make lather. (I find a wet brush works better than a damp one.)
5. Add water to the brush as needed by dipping the tips of your brush into some water, about a ¼ inch, or let some water drip into the center of the brush off your other hand.
6. Just keep doing this until you have fantastic lather. You should have enough lather built in the brush to do 3 more applications.

A few days removed from my last 3017 victim, so I'm going to start with Speick tomorrow in some fashion. Splash should arrive today.

I'll go for it.
But wow, I haven't stuck to any product for more than a few days since I've started! The only things that have come close are blades once I learned they do exhibit better behaviors for a number of shaves after the first. Yet, for me, that's still only a week or so at most.

If there is a product line to do it in though, Speick is an excellent choice.

First day down, used the cream. Started at 74g and down to 72g. Lather didn't look great but the shave was excellent. Aftershave scent sticks around for a while. Good stuff!

So tempted. I did Speicktember last year and used the stick and the AS every day. That's some awesome software! I love that soap. I've committed to offing sample soaps and creams until they're gone but I do have the AS, deodorant, bath soap & intensive care cream. Maybe I could use speick something every day. Hmmm...

Yesterdays shave:

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440938591.794958.jpg

Today's shave:

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440938626.177205.jpg

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
For those participating, share what you appreciate or learn about Speick throughout the month. If you're like me and alter soaps and aftershaves daily, sticking with a product for a month gives you many opportunities to make observations that you otherwise wouldn't.
Amen! Great opportunity to compare brushes and razors by controlling for the software.

I will start with my next shave. I'm ready. I'm still working on getting the right water to soap mix with my Speick shave stick. It works great I just want to get it even better.

$Speick_.jpg

Starting tomorrow! I noticed that my cream is kind of pastey this year...probably dried out over the summer. We'll see how the cream goes, but I've got the stick too! Last year I even had the bath soap.

Good shave with the stick today but my lather was too thin for the second pass. I can't load enough with my sparse beard so I will grate into a dish.

Top Bottom