What's new

Greetings from Romania!

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
proxy.php
Buna ziua Serban from Romania ('Explore the Carpathian Garden'...Yeah Baby!!!).
250px-bucuresti_panorama-jpg.390693
proxy.php

romania-food-jpg.852145
proxy.php
1709936651682.jpeg
proxy.php
proxy.php

1709937472989.jpeg
Welcome aboard the B & B (besides being enrolled in the fictional, sacred and utopian Order of Shavedom), so please feel free to come up to the promenade / sun deck & 'sit-a-spell'.
sipping-tea-on-ship-1-jpg.819750

Sounds like your off to a great start and on your way to shaving nirvana and The Zen of Shaving, and yes,...this Forum has the knowledge, ideas, savoir faire, élan and all around 'know-how' to assist you in your Wet-Shaving experience...you're 'gonna'
love it here.
:thumbsup:

Since you're using a Str8 (I'm too nervous to try myself :crying:...although I have a few 'display' str8's), razor this Thread entitled "The Interactive Guide to Straight Razor Shaving" maybe of great interest to you and is very informative (which I'm sure you've probably already read).

Q. What other tools (brushes, soaps, scents ect...), are you using?
proxy.php

And please don't forget The 7 P's of Shaving...Prepare, Patience, Pressure, Practice, Persistence, Post shave and Passion.
proxy.php

Although, you may not be addicted yet (I think I'm holding up fairly well...with a few exceptions), because we all suffer (gladly and are doomed perhaps), from this shaving compulsion (and other Acquisition Disorders), because at times...
"Resistance is futile".
proxy.php

Lastly, please don't forget once you get time....to tell us a little about yourself in the Hall-of-Fame sub-forum.

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
Romania Moonshine.jpg
proxy.php
proxy.php

proxy.php
“What is elegance? [Shaving soap, brush, str8 razor] and water”! Sir Cecil Beaton

PS Your command of English is awesome!

Last edited:
proxy.php
Buna ziua Serban from Romania ('Explore the Carpathian Garden'...Yeah Baby!!!).
250px-bucuresti_panorama-jpg.390693
proxy.php

romania-food-jpg.852145
proxy.php
View attachment 1809029
proxy.php
proxy.php

View attachment 1809037 Welcome aboard the B & B (besides being enrolled in the fictional, sacred and utopian Order of Shavedom), so please feel free to come up to the promenade / sun deck & 'sit-a-spell'.
sipping-tea-on-ship-1-jpg.819750

Sounds like your off to a great start and on your way to shaving nirvana and The Zen of Shaving, and yes,...this Forum has the knowledge, ideas, savoir faire, élan and all around 'know-how' to assist you in your Wet-Shaving experience...you're 'gonna'
love it here.
:thumbsup:

Since you're using a Str8 (I'm too nervous to try myself :crying:...although I have a few 'display' str8's), razor this Thread entitled "The Interactive Guide to Straight Razor Shaving" maybe of great interest to you and is very informative (which I'm sure you've probably already read).

Q. What other tools (brushes, soaps, scents ect...), are you using?
proxy.php

And please don't forget The 7 P's of Shaving...Prepare, Patience, Pressure, Practice, Persistence, Post shave and Passion.
proxy.php

Although, you may not be addicted yet (I think I'm holding up fairly well...with a few exceptions), because we all suffer (gladly and are doomed perhaps), from this shaving compulsion (and other Acquisition Disorders), because at times...
"Resistance is futile".
proxy.php

Lastly, please don't forget once you get time....to tell us a little about yourself in the Hall-of-Fame sub-forum.

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
Romania Moonshine.jpg
proxy.php
proxy.php

proxy.php
“What is elegance? [Shaving soap, brush, str8 razor] and water”! Sir Cecil Beaton

PS Your command of English is awesome!
Bună ziua, Count of Monte Merkur Cristo!

Many thanks for your kind reply. And no need to be nervous about straights. Once the angle and pressure are controlled you'll get smooth, close and comfortable shaves. I actually nick myself more often with a DE.

Now, to briefly answer your question, I mainly use the following.
- brushes: most of my brushes are either Simpsons (both current production and vintage butterscotch) and Shavemacs (sad to see Bernd closed the configurator). Would love to try a Paladin or a Varlet but they don't ship outside US...
- soaps: I prefer hard shaving soap like D.R. Harris, Tabac (I moved fast and hoarded a healthy stash of the old tallow version), SIR Irisch Moos, Palmolive stick, Yardley, Old Spice. But, I also use artisan soaps, Barrister and Mann and Tallow + Steel being my favorites.
- scents: for aftershaves I usually choose something similar to the soap in terms of fragrance. As for Ed(C/T/P), my preferences are rather old school - GFT English Fern, Paco Rabanne Pour Homme, Guerlain Vetiver, Encre Noire, Terre d'Hermes, etc.

Welcome, Şerban! Curious to see more pictures of your collection, so please keep us updated in the SR section. Cheers!
Thank you. Will be posting in the next minutes the Ralf Aust I used this morning. Cheers!

Top Bottom