What's new

Highlighters

I've been looking for a good refillable highlighter , is my only choose a preppy or am I missing some alternatives?

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Get a Pilot Parallel 3.8 mm pen ... eyedroppering will give you a lake of highlighter, if you like.

Mike H

Instagram Famous
I remember some horror stories about highlighter ink solidifying in a pen, but do not remember the brand.

I've been looking for a good refillable highlighter , is my only choose a preppy or am I missing some alternatives?

Pelikan made a M205 highlighter, but that may be well out of price range (and I have no idea how well it works).

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I remember some horror stories about highlighter ink solidifying in a pen, but do not remember the brand.

Noodler's Year of the Golden Pig.

(Other Noodler highlighter inks are fine)

Get a Pilot Parallel 3.8 mm pen ... eyedroppering will give you a lake of highlighter, if you like.

I really wanted to do this but I couldn't find a replacement body for the pen and really didn't want my high lighter to look like a calligraphy pen so I went the preppy route with Noodler's firefly. I like the ink a little better than a sharpie highlighter but it can leave a orange outline where the little bit of excess from the final stroke dries.

does anyone make replacement bodies for the Pilot Parallel ? not feeling the look of it, anyone have anyother suggestions?

Noodler's Year of the Golden Pig.

(Other Noodler highlighter inks are fine)

That would be the one. I just threw out a large sample of that ink that had completely hardened in its neoprene bottle.

I agree the other Noodler highlighters seem fine.

I have a Pilot Parallel that I have used as a highlighter, but I have never been that excited about it. Seems scratchy to use as a highlighter.

I have certainly used Preppy's. Not sure why I stopped. The Pelikan highlighter ink is very nice.

I use a LAMY Scribble architect's clutch pencil, with a 3.15mm lead. Fitted it with fluorescent orange highlighter leads. Works a treat, lasts forever, can't leak or clog.

anyone have experience with the Zebra h-301 refillable highlighter?looks like it takes international size carts.

Pelikan made a M205 highlighter, but that may be well out of price range (and I have no idea how well it works).

I use a Pelikan M205 Highlighter which cost me £80 last year. Great pen and ink is easy to come by. Depends how much you are willing to pay but the pen should last for ever.

Top Bottom