What's new

Which one of these soaps should i get?

I have started wetshaving like 5-6 months ago. I have everything i need except soaps, i only have proraso sandalwood and arko which i like but i am looking for something better and different. So i looked up some soaps that most people are recommending and i added pine sheep too which i probably will like i am not certain tho. I dont like too heavy fragrance like scents, i can only choose 3 soaps out of these what would you choose?
I would appreciate other recommendations too.

3den.PNG

Last edited:
Most American artisan soaps are heavily scented. Many of them are dupes of popular men's cologne scents, or heavy-handed Yankee Candle type scents. Some of them offer unscented, but that may not be what you want.

Consider ordering some samples so you are not committed to finishing a large tub of soap you don't enjoy using.

Turkey seems to have some good shaving products. Maybe investigate what you have locally or at least closer to home. Most likely shaving creams in tubes you could get more cheaply.
Yes we have Arko, like i said its good but i just want to try different things.

Those likely won't be "better" than Proraso and Arko, just different consistency and scent.

If it was me, I'd look to: PdP, Tabac tallow, Haslinger, D.R. Harris, all come to mind.

Pre de Provence is not actually sold in Europe, AFAIK. There is a similar soap from a company called La Maison du Savon de Provence. @Marco has posted about it.

Tallow Tabac is kaput, I think.

Haslinger might be a good bet. DR Harris is kind of a luxury brand so you get a lot of markup.

Pre de Provence is not actually sold in Europe, AFAIK. There is a similar soap from a company called La Maison du Savon de Provence. @Marco has posted about it.

Tallow Tabac is kaput, I think.

Haslinger might be a good bet. DR Harris is kind of a luxury brand so you get a lot of markup.
Connaught still has Tallow Tabac. They will also ship most of the ones I listed, to anywhere in the world, for fair shipping prices. Harris refill pucks are not expensive and last 20X longer.than soft soaps for 1/2 the price of the above B&M.

I didn't know PdP was not sold in Europe or available to be shipped there.

If the OP is limited to Turkish based vendors, we would need to know where he is ordering from or if he's open to a vendor who will ship worldwide.

Last edited:
also for creams cyril salter 🙂
Cyril R Salter creams, well he did say he was not a fan of heavy scents.

Not to put too fine a point on it, Sublime Citrus is indistinguishable from floor cleaner. French Vetiver is what the British delicately call a "tyre fire." 🤢 Some of the others are all right.

There is a Cyril R Salter Solid soap, that is like a less expensive version of DR Harris. Pretty good if you like lavender scents.

Cyril R Salter creams, well he did say he was not a fan of heavy scents.

Not to put too fine a point on it, Sublime Citrus is indistinguishable from floor cleaner. French Vetiver is what the British delicately call a "tyre fire." 🤢 Some of the others are all right.

There is a Cyril R Salter Solid soap, that is like a less expensive version of DR Harris. Pretty good if you like lavender scents.
I currently have a DR Harris record, next time I'll try to get a solid C. Salter record
Yes I have no problem with lavender
I thank you 👍

Top Bottom