What's new

Shaving Buddy replacement

I've been using Shaving Buddy on my android phone for a few years now to inventory my collection and track my shaves. It is no longer to be found in the google play store and is not compatible with android 14. I can move the collection inventory to a spreadsheet, but the blade usage tracking is going to be missed. Does anyone know of an alternative app on android or Chome?

I dont know if this is something or not......

I dont know if this is something or not......

Thanks, but My Shave Den is apparently only available on Apple devices. I am not willing to change platforms over this. I am going to have to use a spreadsheet, I guess. There are general collectibles apps, but I don't want to have this happen again. I would have been willing to pay an annual subscription to keep Shaving Buddy afloat, but I guess he is no longer interested in the app.

Thanks, but My Shave Den is apparently only available on Apple devices. I am not willing to change platforms over this. I am going to have to use a spreadsheet, I guess. There are general collectibles apps, but I don't want to have this happen again. I would have been willing to pay an annual subscription to keep Shaving Buddy afloat, but I guess he is no longer interested in the app.
From what I understand shaving buddy is available for PC also so you could always just go that route on your PC....

From what I understand shaving buddy is available for PC also so you could always just go that route on your PC....
Only if you go through the trouble of installing an Android emulator on the computer and then install the app inside the emulator. Not really simple or straightforward. A cloud spreadsheet is a better long term solution, I would think.

Only if you go through the trouble of installing an Android emulator on the computer and then install the app inside the emulator. Not really simple or straightforward. A cloud spreadsheet is a better long term solution, I would think.
It's not hard to download an emulator like BlueStacks though and install it by following extremely simple instructions and then installing the APK and opening it just like you would if you were on your phone or tablet or even on your computer..... I mean by all means do what is simplest for you to do and enjoy doing it however you choose....

But if you have the APK file you can simply install it on your phone and not have to mess with an emulator at all. Seems unnecessary...

But if you have the APK file you can simply install it on your phone and not have to mess with an emulator at all. Seems unnecessary...
True , but, remember that the OP said it won't work on the new OS so he can't use it on his phone now as it isn't compatible anymore , so what I posted IS a work-around for him to Still be Able to use the app he likes....

Iridian

Cool and slimy
My impression of Android updates is that they are more breaking old apps that worked so far than making the phone better. The app also seems abandoned independent of updates to Android as well.

I am feeling with you! Today O had to revert the latest chrome update or rather switch of the so called 2023 refresh look. Guess my browser now has a vintage look...

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I had My Shave Den installed on my iPhone. I had completely forgotten about it as I did that at the beginning of this journey and had very little gear. I started loading it up yesterday and discovered, I have too much gear and software to enter all the data without subscribing to their yearly plan. It's less than $5 a year so I went ahead and did it.

I think it really will help keep track of my shaves with ease and it's a nice tool to see all my stuff at once and keep track of things.

So, even if it was unintended as this thread is about Shave Buddy... thanks @Whiterook for reminding me of something I had totally forgotten.

I have found that version incompatibilities in recent Android versions seem mainly to be there to encourage app authors to keep their apps updated as new Android versions are released. In practice, this usually this means that the app will work just fine on newer versions of Android. If you have the APK file, it will probably install and work without issues.

Ir works, but I haven't been able to upload pics for a while now. No response from suppprt. Also I can no longer fine it in the Google play store. These are all ominous indicators. It appears they have abandoned app.

Ir works, but I haven't been able to upload pics for a while now. No response from suppprt. Also I can no longer fine it in the Google play store. These are all ominous indicators. It appears they have abandoned app.
just do a google search for shaving buddy apk and download it and install it....

I already have the latest version, 2.2.2.
Sorry , I was just going by where you stated, "I can no longer find it in the Google play store." I was just simply saying there is no need for the play store if you google it and download the apk file.. You can then install it on whatever you want and whenever you want....

Sorry , I was just going by where you stated, "I can no longer find it in the Google play store." I was just simply saying there is no need for the play store if you google it and download the apk file.. You can then install it on whatever you want and whenever you want....
I appreciate your effort to help!

Top Bottom