What's new

Floid pre shave or shaving oil..have any users found an alternative ?

Hello and good day or evening depending on where you are,

I have been using a product from Floid which has been discontinued and was wondering if any users of it on B&B, that liked it , might have found an alternative which is performing in a similar way.
This is the Floid Pre Shave Oil - or Aceite de afeitado ultralubricante, which is 'ultra lubricating shaving oil'
This product also stated that it could be used as a stand alone for shaving , so not just a pre shave oil.
My experience with it and why I will soon be missing it ( in case I can't find a replacement ):

Floid shows Olive oil as first ingredient, but I do not think so as all the pre shave oils with olive oil that i've tried are heavy or gummy like a heavy oil and does not wash off very easily. The Floid washes off very easily , it does not break down the lather, it increases the glide in a big way, it does not cling to shaving gear- it just makes a slick film that works under the soap, with out breaking it down that washes off everything and really brings up the comfort on the shave..the scent is mild and with the usual sensitive skin issues also makes no obvious reaction.

What I have tried as a replacement:

The below did not work to my liking and more or less behave the same to me-
Osma - pre shave oil
AOS - pre shave oil
Epsilon Blue-pre shave oil
Village Barber -shaving oil

&

No noticeable effect-
GFT- Skin Food
Martin de Candre - Huile Vegetale

&

Good effect but a skin reaction-
Furbo- Pre shave gel.

&

Good effect but not a replacement for Floid-
Proraso pre-shave - Green and White

Anyhow I figured it would be worth a shot to see if any of you , who may of liked the Floid pre-shave found as a good replacement as at this pace I will end up being broke and wasteful sorting out on my own😅..

Thanks in advance for your comments

Floid ingredients.png

I'm don't want to sound as an butthole but when it comes to preshave oils then NOTHING beats organic olive oil. I had used it for a long period and it really works. I read somewhere that in Italy barbers used it as preshave oil, I also read that the Romans used it for shaving. You def should give it a try.

Tree Hut and American Crew are the slickest ones I’ve used. Ymmv
excellent , you know I looked on line based on your suggestion and the American Crew pre shave oil has almost all of the same ingredients, just in a slightly different order..similar enough that I wonder if its the same product as Floid..could be another company is making the same oil and just private labeling , ill get a bottle and try it out and come back to the thread with the result in case it helps someone else out- Thank you 👍

Hello and good day or evening depending on where you are,

I have been using a product from Floid which has been discontinued and was wondering if any users of it on B&B, that liked it , might have found an alternative which is performing in a similar way.
This is the Floid Pre Shave Oil - or Aceite de afeitado ultralubricante, which is 'ultra lubricating shaving oil'
This product also stated that it could be used as a stand alone for shaving , so not just a pre shave oil.
My experience with it and why I will soon be missing it ( in case I can't find a replacement ):

Floid shows Olive oil as first ingredient, but I do not think so as all the pre shave oils with olive oil that i've tried are heavy or gummy like a heavy oil and does not wash off very easily. The Floid washes off very easily , it does not break down the lather, it increases the glide in a big way, it does not cling to shaving gear- it just makes a slick film that works under the soap, with out breaking it down that washes off everything and really brings up the comfort on the shave..the scent is mild and with the usual sensitive skin issues also makes no obvious reaction.

What I have tried as a replacement:

The below did not work to my liking and more or less behave the same to me-
Osma - pre shave oil
AOS - pre shave oil
Epsilon Blue-pre shave oil
Village Barber -shaving oil

&

No noticeable effect-
GFT- Skin Food
Martin de Candre - Huile Vegetale

&

Good effect but a skin reaction-
Furbo- Pre shave gel.

&

Good effect but not a replacement for Floid-
Proraso pre-shave - Green and White

Anyhow I figured it would be worth a shot to see if any of you , who may of liked the Floid pre-shave found as a good replacement as at this pace I will end up being broke and wasteful sorting out on my own😅..

Thanks in advance for your comments

View attachment 1780900
I have never used any of the Floid pre-shave product(s). My current go to pre-shave favorite is the Cube 2.0 product from Phoenix Shaving. Their cube(s) currently have multiple scents. While the menthol is my favorite, you may find other scents acceptable.

I can't compare to Floid as I've never tried it, but I find Truefitt and Hill pre-shave oils to be very good and Castle Forbes Pre-shave be excellent (water based so not oily).

Top Bottom