What's new

What base are the new Truefitt and Hill Highgrove and Mayfair Soaps?

I've just seen an advert for the new Truefitt and Hill Highgrove collection including a shaving soap and after checking their website the fairly recent Mayfair lineup also has a shaving soap. I can't find the ingredients listed on their website or online so I was wondering if anyone had tried them yet and knew? I am hoping its the Apsley base and not the other standard base!

Last edited:
these are the ingredients for Highgrove: Sodium Palmate, Potassium Stearate, Sodium Stearate, Aqua (Water), Sodium Palm Kernelate, Potassium Laurate, Sodium Laurate, Glycerin, Parfum (Fragrance), Palm Kernel Acid, Titanium Dioxide, Potassium Palm Kernelate, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Sodium Gluconate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Iminodisuccinate, Limonene, Linalool

Mayfair: Sodium Palmate, Potassium Stearate, Sodium Stearate, Aqua (Water), Sodium Palm Kernelate, Potassium Laurate, Sodium Laurate, Glycerin, Parfum (Fragrance), Palm Kernel Acid, Titanium Dioxide, Potassium Palm Kernelate, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Sodium Gluconate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Iminodisuccinate, Limonene, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal

Both are different from Apsley which features Shea butter.

these are the ingredients for Highgrove: Sodium Palmate, Potassium Stearate, Sodium Stearate, Aqua (Water), Sodium Palm Kernelate, Potassium Laurate, Sodium Laurate, Glycerin, Parfum (Fragrance), Palm Kernel Acid, Titanium Dioxide, Potassium Palm Kernelate, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Sodium Gluconate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Iminodisuccinate, Limonene, Linalool

Mayfair: Sodium Palmate, Potassium Stearate, Sodium Stearate, Aqua (Water), Sodium Palm Kernelate, Potassium Laurate, Sodium Laurate, Glycerin, Parfum (Fragrance), Palm Kernel Acid, Titanium Dioxide, Potassium Palm Kernelate, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Sodium Gluconate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Iminodisuccinate, Limonene, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal

Both are different from Apsley which features Shea butter.

Thanks for that both are the standard base then as opposed to Apsley which is a shame an unexpected given the price points.

No idea why they wouldn't use the superior Apsley formula (completely different, not just added Shea) for them!

I've heard they are going in be re-issuing the Apsley in the same base as the other two. I have the Mayfair cream which I bought because the scent description was bit 4711ish. I'm curious what the Highgrove smells like.

Top Bottom