What's new

A Year of Queen Charlotte Soaps

New soap arrivals:

Briar & Rose

I'm definitely interested in trying out the Briar. Rose I can take or leave it, but that's just a personal preference.

Month 3:

Crackling Firewood body soap
Lavender Honey Patchouli body soap

Peppermint Eucalyptus shampoo bar

The shampoo bar smells amazing. The essential oils are strong and true.

$IMG_1796 (2).jpg

Last edited:
New soap arrivals:

Briar & Rose

I'm definitely interested in trying out the Briar. Rose I can take or leave it, but that's just a personal preference.

I'm with you on this, though in a couple of cases I've been pleasantly surprised by stuff that I'd never pick myself.

New soap arrivals:

Briar & Rose

I'm with you on this, though in a couple of cases I've been pleasantly surprised by stuff that I'd never pick myself.

I've had that happen with shave soaps. I never had any interest in any rose scented shave soap, and so didn't even consider buying any Klar before it was discontinued. Then someone just sent me a sample as a small surprise add in with a trade... and dang it, I was hooked. I ended up tracking down a new 500g package. lol

[post=5892181]QCS Vetiver body soap[/post] finished this morning. The scent ended up in the middle for me. Was not a top favorite and I didn't hate it but may not go out of my way to replace. I'm closer to [post=5927658]hard_heart's review[/post] than I was at the beginning.

I'm on to [post=5951143]QCS Bay Rum body soap[/post]. The Bay Rum is very good.

On the shampoo bar side I'm using a 30% QCS Orange Spice until I get the Peppermint Eucalyptus up and going.

I'm a bit behind on my soaps. This is from travel and occasional morning showers at the gym.

My current soap of the month inventory
[post=5951143]Bay Rum body soap[/post] 90%
Crackling Firewood body soap 100%
Lavender Honey Patchouli body soap 100%

[post=5791118]Cedarwood Rosemary shampoo bar[/post] half bar
Peppermint Eucalyptus shampoo bar 100%

Last edited:
The second QCS shampoo bar is Peppermint Eucalyptus. The relative scent strength for me is strong and peppermint is dominant. Lather is excellent. The essential oils really shine in the soap. Wow. Really a fantastic scent. Clean and pure peppermint. I'll be interested to see if I notice the bentonite clay as one of my favorite body soaps is the QCS Tea Tree and Sea Clay.

The packaging is the standard QCS paper and wrap.
$IMG_1797.jpg$IMG_1798.jpg$IMG_1799.jpg$IMG_1800.jpg

I cut the shampoo bars in half as I find it easier to lather.
$IMG_1802.jpg

Last edited:
Really enjoying the Peppermint Eucalyptus shampoo bar and the Bay Rum body soap. Both are great.

Last edited:
The fifth QCS body soap is Crackling Firewood. This is an interesting scent that is hard to describe. For me it's like the smell of a room that has a freshly lit fire going. Or perhaps the wood box next to the fireplace while I'm loading it with wood. Wood with a hit of the fireplace. More after I use it for a while.

This is a tallow soap. Scent strength medium - light.

$IMG_1807.jpg$IMG_1808.jpg$IMG_1809.jpg$IMG_1810.jpg

Last edited:
I'm almost done with the couple of shower bars I already had opened and in use on the shelf when the QCS soaps started rolling in. I can't wait to pick one out and start using it.

I'm enjoying [post=6051097]QCS Crackling Firewood[/post]. The first half of my [post=5998868]Peppermint Eucalyptus Shampoo bar[/post] is still going strong. It's probably my favorite shampoo bar at this point.

I got to where I could break open my first bar of the shower soap. I went with the Briar. Very nice scent to it, not sure if briar actually resembles the scent of the soap, but no matter, the soap smells great. Performance wise, it's definitely quality, just like all the other products I've used from QCS.

The shipment for month 4 is Volcano and Clean Cotton body soaps. I'm still trucking along with the Crackling Fireplace body soap, which is at about 30%.

$IMG_1880.jpg

The Sixth QCS body soap is Lavender Honey Patchouli. This is a specialty soap that has a complex subtle scent - honey and a little lemon and fruit. Scent strength is light. So far a favorite for me.

This is a veg soap.
$IMG_1897.jpg$IMG_1898.jpg$IMG_1899.jpg$IMG_1900 (2).jpg

Re your QCS shampoo bars, is the scent holding up? My almond shampoo bar was great for a month then fragrance dissipated. Matthew said that was to be expected with any essential oil soap bar. Still performs fine, just no more scent.

Re your QCS shampoo bars, is the scent holding up? My almond shampoo bar was great for a month then fragrance dissipated. Matthew said that was to be expected with any essential oil soap bar. Still performs fine, just no more scent.

Yes I've noticed that with both the shampoo and the body soap. The Peppermint Eucalyptus is still going surprisingly strong. The Cedarwood Rosemary has held up pretty good as well. In the past I have left out part of a Orange Spice shampoo bar to tone it down a bit.

I am thinking if trying QCS for bath soaps and was wondering how long a bar usually lasts?

YMMV. I've used 5 bars in exactly four months. I am not stingy, often load up a loofa, and occasionally take two showers a day based on work and workouts.

I highly recommend artisan soaps. QCS is great as are others.

The Seventh QCS soap is Volcano. This is a hand soap and has pumice just like the Lava brand hand soap for cleanup. The scent to my nose is lemon blossoms. I've opened it and put it on the laundry sink. It works great - I used it today to clean up bike grease and grime.

This is a veg soap.

$IMG_1892.jpg$IMG_1893.jpg$IMG_1894.jpg$IMG_1895.jpg

Last edited:
The volcano has been working great as a hand soap. The bar is much bigger than a bar of Lava soap though I feel that Lava soap is harder. The volcano cuts grease and dirt really fast - definitely one to replace for me.

Top Bottom