What's new

Wet Shave Club first time subscriber, Series of reviews

I saw that, good on them for it!

Yea I just had to email them back and reconfirm that, cause after re reading the email it seemed like a misunderstanding cause I couldn't decipher if they actually meant that im getting a second razor, or that maybe the box and razor were to be sent separately, but later they emailed me back to confirm that I'm indeed getting both razors. Which is pretty epic! They truly bought themselves another month of my dedication.. If the second box is good i'll keep on going. I'm just hoping this isnt one of those subscriptions that start good and then become worse overtime. I'm not saying im expecting to love everything they send, But gotta at least send some product/products i'll be happy about.

Yea I just had to email them back and reconfirm that, cause after re reading the email it seemed like a misunderstanding cause I couldn't decipher if they actually meant that im getting a second razor, or that maybe the box and razor were to be sent separately, but later they emailed me back to confirm that I'm indeed getting both razors. Which is pretty epic! They truly bought themselves another month of my dedication.. If the second box is good i'll keep on going. I'm just hoping this isnt one of those subscriptions that start good and then become worse overtime. I'm not saying im expecting to love everything they send, But gotta at least send some product/products i'll be happy about.

true, you don't want to end up with diminishing service, wet shave club has mixed reviews from what I've seen. Some enjoy the products, others, not so much.

true, you don't want to end up with diminishing service, wet shave club has mixed reviews from what I've seen. Some enjoy the products, others, not so much.

Yea I've definitely seen mixed reviews about it. Even one reviewer mentioned Shave Select is a better subscription service cause they send out more commercially known products, and even in the first box you get a safety razor, shavette, straight razor, blades, styptic matches, some boxes even include face wash and hair gel.. but with that, its costs are higher than Wet shave club. Now the only reason I see to join a shave subscription is for shaving. The extra bells and whistles of adding face and hair products is just not eye catching for me as some men are bald, dont use hair products, are very specific as to what they use to wash their face, so those extras can easily end up in the trash which also makes your monthly investment seem like its going to the trash as well. Which is why I chose to try and review Wet Shave Club as its down to the point and you get what you need and not what you don't need.

UPDATE #5 FOR THE REVIEW... STILL WAITING ON ARRIVAL

So here's the update so far. I know earlier this past week, I stated that I will be doing a full unboxing, shave, and post shave review on my wetshaveclub order, but kind of ran into a problem. I was tracking the package via USPS but since Friday night the tracking information has not updated, and its still saying my order has departed a sorting facility in Tampa, FL. This is the 2nd time this year I have noticed that USPS hasn't continuously kept proper tabs on my shipments. The previous one, though not properly tracked did arrive at my door, but As I had no idea when it was supposed to arrive, no one was home to receive my package and I ended up having to go to the post office and pick it up. That is superbly annoying IMO.

So first I'd like to apologize to all you guys for being late upon my review. Second I wish to ask you guys, have any of you ever dealt with this problem of not being able to track a package due to usps not updating?

UPDATE #5 FOR THE REVIEW... STILL WAITING ON ARRIVAL

So here's the update so far. I know earlier this past week, I stated that I will be doing a full unboxing, shave, and post shave review on my wetshaveclub order, but kind of ran into a problem. I was tracking the package via USPS but since Friday night the tracking information has not updated, and its still saying my order has departed a sorting facility in Tampa, FL. This is the 2nd time this year I have noticed that USPS hasn't continuously kept proper tabs on my shipments. The previous one, though not properly tracked did arrive at my door, but As I had no idea when it was supposed to arrive, no one was home to receive my package and I ended up having to go to the post office and pick it up. That is superbly annoying IMO.

So first I'd like to apologize to all you guys for being late upon my review. Second I wish to ask you guys, have any of you ever dealt with this problem of not being able to track a package due to usps not updating?

I've had a few similar issues with USPS, it's usually a crap shoot, 50/50

What I find strange is that I had two packages shipped from the same facility, 1 had 2-day shipping, the other was standard shipping. What I find strange is that the one with standard shipping, left a day after my 2-day shipping package, and the standard package has constantly updated its information and actually is already at my local post office hub available for me. The package with 2-day shipping had ceased tracking updates and I have no clue as to where it is, yet logically it was supposed to arrive before the standard package. So how did my snail mail beat the expedited package? and why was my slower package updated continuously and not my express package? that's what is very confusing to me.

What I find strange is that I had two packages shipped from the same facility, 1 had 2-day shipping, the other was standard shipping. What I find strange is that the one with standard shipping, left a day after my 2-day shipping package, and the standard package has constantly updated its information and actually is already at my local post office hub available for me. The package with 2-day shipping had ceased tracking updates and I have no clue as to where it is, yet logically it was supposed to arrive before the standard package. So how did my snail mail beat the expedited package? and why was my slower package updated continuously and not my express package? that's what is very confusing to me.
+1
I've had just about the same experience with them

+1
I've had just about the same experience with them

I can understand that being the holiday season currently, I'm almost certain the USPS is running a bit overwhelmed, But seriously when their slow mail, beats their express mail.. its almost like they aren't operating properly

I can understand that being the holiday season currently, I'm almost certain the USPS is running a bit overwhelmed, But seriously when their slow mail, beats their express mail.. its almost like they aren't operating properly
I've experienced this year round

Seriously? :001_huh: I'm get more fedex and UPS than USPS, maybe thats why I havent run into this particular problem often
the majority of the packages i get are usps, and big tip don't use fedex internationally, they charge huuuge royalties and are liable to open up your packages and charge the recipient accordingly, or they don't get the package

the majority of the packages i get are usps, and big tip don't use fedex internationally, they charge huuuge royalties and are liable to open up your packages and charge the recipient accordingly, or they don't get the package

Thanks for the advice and I absolutely agree with you on that. One particular example of a blunder I experienced with fedex was, Once my wife had left her phone here at home in NY, though she had just go onto a flight to London to see her mum. She needed her phone back badly as she uses it abroad and she must maintain communication for her job. I went to fedex to send her phone to her, paid extra for the 3 day express shipping. Her phone is an Iphone 5S.. I got notice from fedex after 4 days stating that 1. They could not send the package, I would have to pay additional as the product in the package was worth more than $500 dollars, and the Insurance would not cover that if anything had happened to the product or package. 2. They would not and can not release the package to the Royal post until My wife or I paid the VAT taxes on the product. (I am one of her majesty's proud citizens but I absolutely hate the VAT tax system). This entire ordeal cost me $298 dollars in total, just to ship my wife a product that already belongs to her. That is insane IMO

(1) Typical of USPS, they don't work on weekends, so your package will be updated (tracked) when its delivered to your front door! I
love the way USPS works, once its been delivered, they update the tracking info. So who needs the tracking info. once the item has been delivered to you? As far as the wet shave club you subscribed to , dump them, they sound like a lot of small companies out there, they get your money fast enough, and then buyer beware when you will receive the item)s) that you have ordered.

Thanks for the advice and I absolutely agree with you on that. One particular example of a blunder I experienced with fedex was, Once my wife had left her phone here at home in NY, though she had just go onto a flight to London to see her mum. She needed her phone back badly as she uses it abroad and she must maintain communication for her job. I went to fedex to send her phone to her, paid extra for the 3 day express shipping. Her phone is an Iphone 5S.. I got notice from fedex after 4 days stating that 1. They could not send the package, I would have to pay additional as the product in the package was worth more than $500 dollars, and the Insurance would not cover that if anything had happened to the product or package. 2. They would not and can not release the package to the Royal post until My wife or I paid the VAT taxes on the product. (I am one of her majesty's proud citizens but I absolutely hate the VAT tax system). This entire ordeal cost me $298 dollars in total, just to ship my wife a product that already belongs to her. That is insane IMO
my father had a similar experience with some small car parts shipped overseas earlier this year. the package took 2+ months and the shipping cost him almost as much as the parts

(1) Typical of USPS, they don't work on weekends, so your package will be updated (tracked) when its delivered to your front door! I
love the way USPS works, once its been delivered, they update the tracking info. So who needs the tracking info. once the item has been delivered to you? As far as the wet shave club you subscribed to , dump them, they sound like a lot of small companies out there, they get your money fast enough, and then buyer beware when you will receive the item)s) that you have ordered.

ironically, all weekend I got the tracking updates via texts for my standard shipped package, Its just the 2-day shipping package is not, and has not been updating and I haven't the slightest idea where my package is now, but the standard shipped package is already available for pick up (Just a side note: Now for all I know both my packages have arrived and are available for pick up, but so far I've only been notified of only one). It just blew my mind to see my "snail mail" package which shipped 24 hrs after my express package, updated continuously and seemingly arrived faster. Which begs the question, whats the point of paying extra for faster shipping if the standard shipping can beat the time frame?

usps usually gets there relatively on time, within a few days and doesn't overcharge on packages so they're generally the best choice

All I'm hoping at this point is that my packages are both together and awaiting delivery to my home, or rather for me to pick up. I could be wrong in the matter and maybe that just updated ones tracking but failed to do the other. I guess I will see tomorrow.. But if all goes well, I will spend the day performing my reviews and gladly post the Full Monty onto B&B by the evening.

Update #6 the unboxing review and product review.

Ok gent's, I thank you all for being patient for this review while all the shipping problems were dealt with, but I am happy to announce the package has come. I regret to inform that I will not be doing the review as a video as my camera had met an unfortunate death (daughter dropped my Sony just yesterday). But I did take some photos and will list/describe my opinions of each product.

So in this, My first month's box from Wet Shave Club, I was happy to see it came with not 2 but 4 soap commander samples (I've been dying to try these).. And it also came with a boar brush, Alum Matches, Big Ben Blades, and one Standard Wet Shave Club safety razor, and one Short handle Wet Shave Club Travel safety razor. Big thanks again to the great customer service from Julia and Ken at Wet Shave Club, in doing a fantastic job making up for the prior issues that arose originally and for blessing me with a 2nd razor. (PLEASE Read first 5 updates if you're not yet familiar with the story).

Now down to the product reviews.

1. Wet shave Club standard safety razor. This razor was a bit of a surprise to me as I was expecting something cheaply constructed, (not what you would expect in a $20 package) but it is beautiful. Great weight to the razor! The Knurling of the razor is fantastic, with loads of grip! if this can slip out of your hands, I would be surprised. It is a 3 piece razor (top plate, razor bed, and handle). Nice chrome finish, with the Wet Shave Club title on the top. It's a beautiful piece, but as we all know, beauty is one thing, performance is another, so look out for my shave review on this razor coming soon.

2. Wet Shave Club Short handle safety razor. This one again was a surprise. In terms of weight, it is noticeably heavier than the standard razor which is great (and I do mean heavier). Again the Knurling on the handle is superb IMO. Great chrome finish, and it is a 3pc same as the standard razor.

3. Alum Matchsticks. I love that they include these (though I may not use them) but its always nice to have around just ever in case, but nothing spectacular. I actually wish they would of sent the Styptic matches for nicks as on me, it stops the bleeding quickly. Alum in my history didn't stop the bleeding.

4. Big Ben DE Blades. Now call me a super NOOB, but I have never heard of this brand. I did research and its an Egyptian brand of blades, and from what I've seen online, it has mixed reviews. I'll have to shave with them to better give you guys an understanding of my true opinion on these, so stay tuned for that.

5. Wet Shave Club Boar Brush. Now this is an ok brush. The handle is just a cheap feeling lightweight plastic. The Bristles IMO seem to be pre broken, they are a bit soft on top but the knot is tight with good backbone. I could be wrong but it seems pre broken. I'll test it out, but If its not up to my standards, I'll PIF this one away to a newbie who could really use it more than me.

6. SOAP SAMPLES. For the holidays, they gave away 4 samples of Soap Commander soaps. 4 different scents, Wisdom, resolution, passion, and confidence. All of them smell good, but I will later get into defining their scents as one or two weren't particularly masculine IMO. So I'll delve into that in the lather review. This was an awesome addition as I sampled the Courage soap before and it was definitely good! Great lather, the scent was great. The left behind slickness was impressive. The post shave feel was like I had already moisturized! So I'm hoping the others perform just as good.

So far, I'm happy. The quality of the razor's alone was worth the money and subscription. I'm getting to try 4 Soap Commander soaps which I'm excited to try. Besides the feel of the brush, the shipping problems, and the relatively (to me anyway) unknown brand of blades, I don't regret this purchase. Now stay tuned everyone for the Lather, and shave reviews! I was going to do a post shave review but as they did not send me any post shave product, I'm just going to do the lather and shave reviews to test out the soaps, brush, and razor's. Stay tuned guys and thanks for following me on this journey.

Attachments

• $10872365_959605307402088_2018117547_n.jpg
    $10872365_959605307402088_2018117547_n.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 80
  • $10850559_959605300735422_871082461_n.jpg
    $10850559_959605300735422_871082461_n.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 80
  • $10841360_959605287402090_735546716_n.jpg
    $10841360_959605287402090_735546716_n.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 80
  • $10735909_959605294068756_1174376587_n.jpg
    $10735909_959605294068756_1174376587_n.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 80
  • $10859477_959605310735421_1117410718_n.jpg
    $10859477_959605310735421_1117410718_n.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Glad everything finally arrived. I'm surprised they didn't send the "Endurance" scent from Soap Commander though, as that is SC's owner's favourite. It's their take on the Original Old Spice scent.
Looking forward to reading your review on the razors and soaps!

Top Bottom