What's new

Wet Shave Club first time subscriber, Series of reviews

it looks like the kit so far has been phenomenal and the knurled pattern on the razor is a nice touch, the razor is very nice looking again, thanks for the update

it looks like the kit so far has been phenomenal and the knurled pattern on the razor is a nice touch, the razor is very nice looking again, thanks for the update

Minus the brush, which has only proven "ok" in its quality thus far, it honestly is NOT a bad kit at all. The razor alone would be worth the 1st month subscription even if the add ons suck.

Crappy about the brush and the bad start, but at least you got you're moneys worth eventually. By the sound of it, I'd probably wait until a second box comes in and then opt out though. I put all my starter stuff together for almost nothing ordering from Italian Barber. Plus, if you weed through the BST for a few minutes, I bet you could put together a nice enough kit to keep you busy for a few months for very little money.

Crappy about the brush and the bad start, but at least you got you're moneys worth eventually. By the sound of it, I'd probably wait until a second box comes in and then opt out though. I put all my starter stuff together for almost nothing ordering from Italian Barber. Plus, if you weed through the BST for a few minutes, I bet you could put together a nice enough kit to keep you busy for a few months for very little money.

Took a hard look at ItalianBarber and I loved it. great selection, decent pricing. Anything they have there, if it beats the prices i get from Pastuer's, i'll definitely be ordering

Great reviews! Keep it up. Currently, I'm waiting for my third box to ship and I think I'm gonna cancel my subscription. I love the thought, I just don't think continuing on is worth it.

Great reviews! Keep it up. Currently, I'm waiting for my third box to ship and I think I'm gonna cancel my subscription. I love the thought, I just don't think continuing on is worth it.

I honestly already canceled, being that from all the reviews and research I have done, I seen a trend of subscribers not being fully satisfied with the service beyond the first two months, and after experiencing it myself, I saw no purpose. But they do make a quality razor and are a good place to start for beginner wet shavers, but for the seasoned shaver who wants to build a good shave den.. The sample products in the subscription once a month will never be enough. So from here on in, just one item at a time, I'll collection, test, and find products I love.

I cant wait to test the short handle razor in the next review, Which will be my last update in this series.

All in all, I'd say wet shave club is a definitely good opening door to wet shaving, but not something one should depend on month after month.

I just received my November box, and for recurring members, they added a Pine Tar soap bar by Dr.Squatch that I love. It's not wet shave related, but its pretty fantastic. AtreyuOcampo may not have received this because the weight limit doesn't allow it to be shipped along with the razor and brush.

I subscribed for a year (I had a promo code that brought it down to about $16 per month) and I enjoy it. It is allowing me to try things i may not have found otherwise. Would I reccomend it for someone who is already established? Probably not, but for new wet shavers, its a pretty solid choice.

I just received my November box, and for recurring members, they added a Pine Tar soap bar by Dr.Squatch that I love. It's not wet shave related, but its pretty fantastic. AtreyuOcampo may not have received this because the weight limit doesn't allow it to be shipped along with the razor and brush.

I subscribed for a year (I had a promo code that brought it down to about $16 per month) and I enjoy it. It is allowing me to try things i may not have found otherwise. Would I reccomend it for someone who is already established? Probably not, but for new wet shavers, its a pretty solid choice.

I totally agree with you, for new wet shavers it definitely is a great start, especially since they not only get a quality razor but they can also learn a ton from the different exposure from the diverse collection of products.

UPDATE #9 FINAL UPDATE

OK gent's, just wanted to say thanks to all who've followed my thread and stuck in there with me the last two weeks. This will be the final review of the Wet Shave Club first time members service/product series.

My Final review will be about the Wet Shave Club short handle travel safety razor and It is a great one!

So yesterday, My family and I arrived safely in England. We'll be spending the holidays here with the in-laws so I do apologize for not having photo's for this final review but I felt as if they would think me strange if I happened to spend a while in the bathroom with a camera. :blush:

I started the shave just like any other day, did my prep, used the Soap Commander vision (which had a beautiful lather and great slickness btw) I slipped in a fresh feather blade. I went in for the shave and it was great!!!

1. Weight: The razor is a great weight, it rivals my Merkur 34C
2. Handle: While it is a short handle razor, the handle is a fat chunky little bastard!
3. Knurling: The Knurling on this one, in comparison to their standard razor was not as deeply engraved as the standard but still was superb and gave great grip.
4. Handling: handling it was of no issue as far as using it in either hand.
5. Blade exposure: While this razor isn't necessarily mild, it sure wasn't aggressive either. Kind of a good blend of medium between mild and aggressive which gave a great close shave and no irritation. Also the razor bed wasn't designed really secure IMO. So when screwing in the handle, you do have to watch the blade and make sure its straight, cause it does shift in crooked if you're not watching. That was the only annoyance I had with it.

Now about the service
. Even if You don't subscribe, the standard razor and short handle razor are great buys just by themselves.!!!

SO through out it all.. The soap samples, alum matches, brush, both the standard and short handle razors, I had my likes and dislikes, but the final opinion I have for this service is, for new Wet Shavers, it is definitely worth the subscription as they do give you the building tools you'll need.

A. You get a great standard razor, with awesome Knurling and weight which every newbie will need.
B. A decent enough of a shaving brush (though you will definitely upgrade from it at some point)
C. I got amazing soap samples from Soap Commander which I absolutely LOVE but it should be pointed out that this company will change soaps every month, so this is HIT or MISS getting great soaps depending on when You sign up.
D. The alum matches, while I appreciate the idea, its really meant to only be used for "spot checking", not enough to really get it all around the face which IMO is why I have an alum block! So the matches are kind of useless to me.
E. They sent me Big Ben blades, which I knew even before I touched one to my face, that they were not going to work for me, and I proved myself right after changing blades immediately after the first stroke of the razor. So I ended up giving those to my brother in law.

All newbie's considering wet shave club, YES it's worth the first month subscription, so do it!!! It's solely up to you if you choose to stay on after that, which I didn't, as I felt for me the service isn't something I wish to dedicate to. You do get a great start up kit from them, which is worth more than the $29.99 first month costs, so its kind of a, "Why not?" scenario for all you newbie's out there.

To the veterans, I say it isn't a bad service for you gents either, as long as you don't mind random product use! As every month will NOT be the same, You may love it cause you'll probably find new products that just amaze you, or You may hate it on months when you receive a box of things you don't like. SOLELY UP TO YOU TO DECIDE!

With all that said, thanks again to all you gents who have followed my thread, and I honestly hope that my reviews have been helpful to all. :thumbup:

I hate to bump an aging thread but I wanted to give some feedback on my recent experience with The Wet Shave Club.

So, I'm awaiting my third box to arrive. I received an email from them on Dec 29 that says they've shipped my box. The email had a tracking number on it so fairly often I checked the status of the package. A few days go by, nothing has updated on the tracking. It still said that a label has been created. It hadn't left their facility yet. So, I emailed them and asked for and update to find out what's going on. No response. Today, I emailed them again. Within a couple hours, they responsed and said they'll check into it and if necessary, will send a new box..they'll let me know. A few hours later now, haven't heard any updates and I'm becoming disappointed in what's going on.

I hate to bump an aging thread but I wanted to give some feedback on my recent experience with The Wet Shave Club.

So, I'm awaiting my third box to arrive. I received an email from them on Dec 29 that says they've shipped my box. The email had a tracking number on it so fairly often I checked the status of the package. A few days go by, nothing has updated on the tracking. It still said that a label has been created. It hadn't left their facility yet. So, I emailed them and asked for and update to find out what's going on. No response. Today, I emailed them again. Within a couple hours, they responded and said they'll check into it and if necessary, will send a new box..they'll let me know. A few hours later now, haven't heard any updates and I'm becoming disappointed in what's going on.

In my experience their responses to customer inquiry's was fast and painless. I would email, and find their responses within minutes, once they even emailed me back passed midnight! They probably find themselves overwhelmed after the holidays cause I'm sure stock for them must get held up from time to time. My first box shipping was similar to yours, but the reason found was that they could not send my box as They did not have the standard razors in stock. They sent me two boxes, 1. With the complete first month box, and the 2nd with a WSC Short handle travel razor, just to make up for their mistakes in not shipping out my box or notifying me of the problem until days later. Only the first of my boxes, updated its tracking, the other one did not, but it still arrived same time as my first box. All in all, my problem was resolved quickly. In your case since this is your 3rd box, I can only assume that they are either having huge amounts of orders/returns due to the holidays (this is a small "couple owned" company with literally a team of no more than 10 people). I'm sure your box has either shipped and USPS is just being slow to update, or Your box is still in transit and like many packages, will only update upon reaching sorting facilities and departures for delivery.

... I'm sure your box has either shipped and USPS is just being slow to update, or Your box is still in transit and like many packages, will only update upon reaching sorting facilities and departures for delivery.

No. It turns out they dropped the ball on shipping my package at some point. The created the shipping label but never shipped it. It finally left their facility sometime this morning and is currenlty in transit. So, a few more days of waiting before I finally get my box.

No. It turns out they dropped the ball on shipping my package at some point. The created the shipping label but never shipped it. It finally left their facility sometime this morning and is currenlty in transit. So, a few more days of waiting before I finally get my box.

Thats exactly what happened to me.. they printed my label but didn't ship my package until 6 days later.. but the excuse for me was they were out of stock of the standard razor, and didn't notice until after printing my label and emailing me the tracking information. hmm kind of surprised they still make the mistake of not notifying customers of the situation when it happens rather than wait til the customer complains

Top Bottom