What's new

A Year of Queen Charlotte Soaps

The [post=6123922]QCS Lavender Honey Patchouli[/post] soap is great. It's another one that I'd never have ordered myself and really like. The scent is subtle and well balanced.

I've never used a QCS product, and look forward to trying them. The shampoo bars seem like a much better option than the typical chemical-filled garbage I've used for as long as I remember.

thanks for this thread!

I've never used a QCS product, and look forward to trying them. The shampoo bars seem like a much better option than the typical chemical-filled garbage I've used for as long as I remember.

The shampoo bars rock. I've used less than a full bar in four months. And that is with daily showers with double lathers.

Here's an update on the [post=5998868]Peppermint Eucalyptus Shampoo Bar[/post]. This is the first half the bar (I cut them in half to use) after a little over two months. There is a pronounced divot as I lather on the same side every time. The scent is hanging in there. One of my favorites for sure.

$IMG_1913 (2).jpg

Last edited:
[post=6123922]Lavender Honey Patchouli[/post] finished yesterday. This was a solid bath soap for me and is definitely on the replace list. For whatever reason this soap seemed slightly harder than some of the other body soaps.

The Month 5 shipment arrived: Ocean Breeze and Eucalyptus body soaps and Lemon Bergamot shampoo bar.

$image.jpg

The eighth QCS Body soap is Clean Cotton. This is a tallow soap that has ultramarine added for color. The scent is medium and to me smells like a dryer sheet/fabric softener. If you like that sort of thing, you'll love this soap.

$IMG_1946.jpg$IMG_1947.jpg$IMG_1948.jpg$IMG_1949.jpg

Last edited:
The first half of the [post=5998868]Peppermint Eucalyptus Shampoo Bar[/post] finished up. This is one of my favorites. Can't wait to get to the second half of the bar later this year.

Unfortunately, my bar does not seem to have had the longevity yours have enjoyed, nor does the scent really project anymore. It must be the way I store it.

Like many things YMMV. I am lucky to have soft water and can rub the shampoo bar once or twice lightly and have gobs of lather. It also seems like my soap lasts longer now that I keep it away from the shower spray.

In other news, I purchased about $80 of soap from QCS and went through a bar of QCS Spice and another...I forget which one...is almost done. My skin has never been this good on my shoulders.

Yes, the body soap bars are pretty nice. +1 on the skin improvements.

The third shampoo bar is QCS Lemon Bergamot. The scent strength is medium and the lemon is strong with a nice note of Bergamot. Like the Volcano hand soap, the QCS lemon scents are very nice and smell to me like a fresh cut lemon. Similar to my other shampoo bars, I cut the bar in half.

$IMG_1976 (2).jpg$IMG_1977 (2).jpg$IMG_1981 (2).jpg$IMG_1980 (2).jpg

The [post=220554]Clean Cotton[/post] body soap is going fast. I'm giving it the 3017 treatment and loading heavy.

Finished the [post=220554]Clean Cotton[/post] body soap. Good performance, not my favorite scent, but fine after it aired out for a bit.

Up next is QCS Ocean Breeze.

The [post=6234260]QCS Lemon Bergamot shampoo bar[/post] is going great. Really like the scent and performance.

It's ironic that while I have tried three or four QCS shampoo bars prior, my three favorites are from the soap of the month club. I guess we can't always pick or predict what we end up liking.

The ninth QCS body soap is Ocean Breeze. Scent strength is medium and it reminds me of several commercial body soaps in the ocean breeze/outdoor fresh theme. First impressions are positive. This is a veg soap and the poppy seeds are only along the rough edge.

$IMG_1986.jpg$IMG_1987.jpg$IMG_1988.jpg$IMG_1989.jpg

The third shampoo bar is QCS Lemon Bergamot. The scent strength is medium and the lemon is strong with a nice note of Bergamot. Like the Volcano hand soap, the QCS lemon scents are very nice and smell to me like a fresh cut lemon. Similar to my other shampoo bars, I cut the bar in half.

View attachment 447111View attachment 447113View attachment 447115View attachment 447117

I've used this shampoo bar myself. It does a fantastic job of getting my oily hair clean. One bar lasts several months.

I should be getting my 4 hand & body bars and 4 shampoo bars later today. This is my first time using QCS and I'm very excited. I also threw in a Chocolate fudge lip balm.

Here's what I got

Cafe Mocha (tallow)
Caribbean Coconut (vegan)
Cucumber & Melon (vegan)
Orange Spice (tallow)

Cafe D' Amande
Cedarwood & Rosemary
Lemon Bergomot
Orange Spice

Top Bottom