What's new

Barbasol Pacific Rush aftershave Item of the Week 3/4/13

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Hello to all.

This will be the second of a series of "Item of the Week" threads that I am promoting in the General Shave Discussion forum. I will be posting a schedule of items of the week as we progress so we can plan for the threads that we want to participate in.

The Rules:

1. It is very simple. Use the item of the week for the week that it is scheduled and post your thoughts on that item in its thread.
  2. Everything else in your shave line-up may be rotated at will, but keep the featured item of the week as part of each shave.
  3. The weeks will start on Monday. Sunday could be a free day, or an overlap day for the next week or whatever.

Why:

I think six days of use will give most fellows a good idea of how they are liking the featured item. By having a group of members trying the same item at the same time it is like a self writing review as we discuss our likes and dislikes as well as sharing tips. By keeping each item to one week intervals we will be able to cover a lot of territory without any major commitments, like a month of... or a year of... I hope this works out to everyone's liking.

The second featured Item of the Week will be Barbasol Pacific Rush aftershave.

This is a fairly inexpensive product that can be found at Dollar General for about $1.75 a bottle. This was not voted on, but I've seen a few others using it in the aftershave thread and for less than $2 it's pretty easy to obtain. I hope this week isn't a flop. Give me some feedback if you think any of the items are lame, especially the first 4 as I arbitrarily selected them from my personal stock. Thanks to all who participate.

Pretty much available only at DG. It is nice, especially at the price. But to tell the truth, I like the Brisk better. Strangely, Brisk is available at drugstore.com

I'm in for the week.

Never used this one, seems to be available only in US. I cannot use splashes at all during cold season; my skin would probably fall off!
Bosse

These Two are Ready to go !!!
proxy.php

I,m going to have to sit this one out. I do not think it is available in Canada. I will follow the results though, my parents live in the US and I might pick some up next time I visit.

I'm out for this one. I tried Pacific Rush once and my wife said I smelled like a girl. I have to admit she was right. I threw it out.

I'm sitting this one out too, not because I don't like it, but because I don't have it and have way too many aftershaves as it is. I will be following the thread though to see how many actually go a full week with the stuff and what their impressions are.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Pretty much available only at DG. It is nice, especially at the price. But to tell the truth, I like the Brisk better. Strangely, Brisk is available at drugstore.com

I'm in for the week.

If Brisk is all you have, I don't think anyone would object to hearing about it.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
I'll play. Although some consider this a summer AS, I like it year round.

I debated about this and I have the brisk as well, which some might like better in winter. I just find I like the Pacific Rush better and have been using it quite a bit this winter. I think I like it better than Aqua Velva, a bit milder perhaps, in the winter.

Anyway, these first four weeks were selected by myself, just to get things started and I thought this would be a widely available inexpensive product. I didn't realize it was so exclusive and limited to the U.S. My hope is that the Item of the Week will develop a life of its own, directed by the members.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
I,m going to have to sit this one out. I do not think it is available in Canada. I will follow the results though, my parents live in the US and I might pick some up next time I visit.

I'm out for this one. I tried Pacific Rush once and my wife said I smelled like a girl. I have to admit she was right. I threw it out.

I'm sitting this one out too, not because I don't like it, but because I don't have it and have way too many aftershaves as it is. I will be following the thread though to see how many actually go a full week with the stuff and what their impressions are.

I hope you will return to check out the other Item of the Week threads. Check the schedule and also the Item of the Week discussion thread. I will be posting some polls soon to get a better selection of featured items.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
This is a good time for anyone who has a Dollar General nearby to snag a bottle of Barbasol aftershave and join us for a week.

I'm in. I just stopped by DG and picked up both Pacific Rush and Brisk (figured to try them both for under $4).

I would like to participate in this but there are no dollar general stores in my area.

I have seen it in a store before I got into DE shaving. Just not sure where?

Anyone knows of any other stores that stock Barbrasol after shave?

OldSaw

The wife's investment
I would like to participate in this but there are no dollar general stores in my area.

I have seen it in a store before I got into DE shaving. Just not sure where?

Anyone knows of any other stores that stock Barbrasol after shave?

I wasn't aware that it was so limited. I have seen it in at least two different stores in my area, but didn't pay much attention to the non-DG store as it was a lot more expensive, like around $3.

Top Bottom