What's new

2024 Shave Purchase Sabbatical - The Year of MacGyver

Still in

IMG-DSC_6135 (1).JPG

More than four months in and I feel like I have not made a noticeable dent in my shave supplies. I am impressed by just how good some of the older stuff really is, and how little need I have to continue to purchase more. Sure, I may want to, but it is by no means necessary. Am thinking I may have to join in next year's sabbatical.

Wohoo!! It’s the 11th of May which means I passed the date I went out on in the 2023 restraint. I can say there have been several temptations along the way and either because determination (no, don’t need it) or dumb luck (my hesitation lost me the opportunity) I managed to steer clear. All I can say is that temptations, FOMOs, wantits are real and simply signing up for this restraint is really just the first step.

Keep it up everyone! You are all doing amazing!!

Cheers and have a great weekend,

Guido

Still in.

It has not been as hard as I thought although there have been some stages where I have thought I will just check that shop and see if they have any interesting shaving gear and then I have thought, no what is the point of going in?

Temptation avoidance and my current attempts at blade longevity are seeing no appreciable dent in my supplies so far.

Well done all.

brucered

System Generated
Hi,

I always referred to going Out yet continuing on as if one were still In as Playing From Home.

But, whatever we call it and however anyone does it, continuing on is always a really good idea.

And, keep on posting here as roll along. :)

Stan - still In
If that was a commentary on my post above, I'll try to explain.

If one goes out of the sabbatical, they may already be out of the 365/366 challenge as well, if they missed a shave. We generally don't know as this is not a check in for the 365/366 as that is a whole other challenge.

I'm all for members who drop out of the sabbatical sticking around. I love it when people who have dropped, stick around and tempt or tease the remaining members who are in with pics, details on new items they got to try it use.

I just don't understand posting Daily shaves here when there are separate threads for that and most are cross posting the same info.

That's just my thoughts on it. Right or wrong. Agree or disagree, they are MY thoughts.

Still in. No shave.

Ok, so mom sent me a gift for Mothers Day ... she's 94 so every day is a celebration, and she's already inclined to send a package for the slightest reason, so I'm not surprised.
-- I know it's shaving related due to the box, but I have yet to open it.
At her age, I'm not going bother explaining the 2024 Sabbatical or why I had to join said Sabbatical:letterk1: ... My question, is an unsolicited gift a breach of the rules?

Ok, so mom sent me a gift for Mothers Day ... she's 94 so every day is a celebration, and she's already inclined to send a package for the slightest reason, so I'm not surprised.
-- I know it's shaving related due to the box, but I have yet to open it.
At her age, I'm not going bother explaining the 2024 Sabbatical or why I had to join said Sabbatical:letterk1: ... My question, is an unsolicited gift a breach of the rules?
Nope, unsolicited so you are clear.
But our group leader will decide...
Please show all the rest of us who didn't get a gift from their mother what she got you.... Make us drool a little.

Nope, unsolicited so you are clear.
But our group leader will decide...
Please show all the rest of us who didn't get a gift from their mother what she got you.... Make us drool a little.
I'll restrain at least until our fearless leader @Guido75 chimes in. I'm going to open it either way because that how it goes when your mom sends you stuff, but figured I have until tomorrow before I have to report back ....
My only fear is that it's the first bottle of a lifetime subscription to 'The Veg' 🤣🤣🤣

Top Bottom