What's new

Lapping film, try it.

Well finally got all the films and just completed my first hone with them. Ill see if I can take some pics of the edge. Good stuff, easy, and took overall a few minutes. My GD is shave ready imo. Thanxs to everyone in this thread and on the FB group for your input and knowledge. I used the following for this hone:

King 1K -bevel
5 micron-80 laps
3 micron-80 laps
1 micron-60 laps
1 micron w/ paper underneath-60 laps
CRox on canvas strop-50 laps
leather strop-50 laps

Nor would anyone want to.

Wellll.....
because it is the thread that gave me the delusion that I might be competent enough to be able to put an edge on a blade, and mebbee I wanna save some other poor lost soul from wandering down the same hellish twisted path to fiscal and psycological ruin.

Wellll.....
because it is the thread that gave me the delusion that I might be competent enough to be able to put an edge on a blade, and mebbee I wanna save some other poor lost soul from wandering down the same hellish twisted path to fiscal and psycological ruin.

Impossible. Anyone can create a shave-ready edge with film. Some, who are more proficient, simply leave the film and razor to be honed in the same room and close the door. One hour later, the blade is honed.

Wellll.....
No delusions at all. Its work to get proficient, but nothing you cant handle. You will get out whatever you put in, plain and simple. If your a nut like some of us, you may even get used to sleeping less. LOL. The more you do it, the better you will become.

Impossible. Anyone can create a shave-ready edge with film. Some, who are more proficient, simply leave the film and razor to be honed in the same room and close the door. One hour later, the blade is honed.
See, you guys leave out all the important parts:

$image003.jpg

Less damage would have been done (to both blades and bank account) had I used that technique.

You have to wait an hour? An entire hour? Oh, AlOx film, right? Try diamond film- 7 minutes flat and the razor will shave perfectly even folded into the scales.

Brian

Top Bottom