What's new

What to buy? Semogue LE 11 or Rooney Heritage XL?

Both? :wink2:

Besides the aesthetics, it will come down to the characteristics of the knot. I think from your other thread you should have a pretty good idea of what to expect out of the XLs. They are a known quantity.

The LEs (I assume you mean the Finest badger ones) are more of a mystery since they have not hit the market yet, but the properties of their hair should be within a reasonable distance of Semogue's standard Finest bristle. It is well regarded, but does contain some scritch, if that is your cup of tea.

Oh, and the LEs are 24/25mm, whereas the XLs can go significantly BIGGER than that (28 and 30mm).

Last edited:
When faced with this dilema I was decisive and answered BOTH.

Besides size, I expect the tips on the Semogue LEs to be a little scritchier (if they are like my Semogue SOC 2-band) than the freakishly soft Heritage XL hair.

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
What brushes do you currently own? Do you like to face or bowl lather? Do you like some scritch? Do you want a brush to round out what you have or one that is similar to what you have?
I love my 1XL & 2XL, but I'm also really impressed with my Semogue Caravela, which led me to order both a Semogue LE 2011 Finest Badger size 2 and a Finest Bristle size 1.
How do they compare to the Rooneys????
proxy.php
........ I'll get back to you on that. :biggrin:

Get the LE while you now can, and if it doesn't jive just B/S/T it. Then get the XL that will still be available.

Top Bottom