What's new

New Shavemac in Honor of the Configurator Closing

I have been quite happy with my brushes in rotation, with my Shavemac D01 in my top two. Purchasing another brush was not on my radar until I received the email this morning announcing the Shavemac Brush Configurator was ending in a few weeks. Here are some pictures of my brushes, shave kit options, and a screenshot from my new order! I already have a Thater brush stand, which has been a great addition, so I ordered the Fendrihan version for my new brush. My Simpsons Manchurian X2L Colonel is my favorite, followed by the Shavemac, then my old tried-and-true Semogue. Candidly, being a face latherer, I am not a big fan of my Simpson Chubby 2 synthetic. The Simpson synthetic is too soft for my tastes and has no character. The Manchurian Colonel is more of a fan shape with a smaller knot, and I love the scritchy, scratchiness of that brush. Configuring the Shavemac, I considered what I liked about the Colonel and tried to lean more in that direction. The Chubby 2 also feels too big in my hand, which is a minor gripe, but I will likely relegate the synthetic to a travel brush and, sometime down the road, pick up another Badger Simpson or some other brush that would be better in my rotation. As it stands now, I rarely use my Chubby 2 Synthetic.
IMG_4501.jpeg
IMG_4492.jpeg
IMG_4499.jpeg
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.16.29 AM.png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.23.45 AM.png

Last edited:
Nice collection! The Shavemac you configured looks awesome.
Thank you! I was having a difficult time deciding, but after looking at what I use currently and like, it was actually easy to pick a Shavemac that I think will be great.

Last edited:
Considering making an order, can someone explain to me what the difference is between these

Silvertip
Silvertip 2-Band
Silvetip D01
Silvertip D01 2-Band

I'm likely looking to buy something similar in size to my chubby 1 best badger but with more backbone as the manchurian badger chubby 2 is way too big and soft.

Considering making an order, can someone explain to me what the difference is between these

Silvertip
Silvertip 2-Band
Silvetip D01
Silvertip D01 2-Band

I'm likely looking to buy something similar in size to my chubby 1 best badger but with more backbone as the manchurian badger chubby 2 is way too big and soft.

Broadly speaking increasing backbone/scrub from top to bottom maxing out at D01-2Band grade which I like very much.

Top Bottom