What's new

The Last Movie You Watched?

Took SWMBO to see Guardians of the Galaxy. We both really enjoyed the movie. My wife even downloaded some of the songs from the movie afterwards.

GOOD MORNING - This film by Yazujiro Ozu always leaves me speechless - which is kind of the point. The Nina Rota-like music adds to the joy. **** of four

Took SWMBO to see Guardians of the Galaxy. We both really enjoyed the movie. My wife even downloaded some of the songs from the movie afterwards.
I see they even released the OST on vinyl.

Watched "The Grand Budapest Hotel" the other night and loved it.

Very well done and typical Wes Anderson humor, music and filming styles. I wasn't expecting to see Wilem Dadoe, so that was a pleasant surprise as well as many of the regular cast he usually brings to his films.

Highly recommended.

Get That Gringo....A very entertaining watch on Netflix.

One of Mel Gibson's better movies in the last while in my mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
Predator 2
$uploadfromtaptalk1410115545977.jpg

SOLARIS - The Stephen Soderbergh movie with George Clooney. Arresting version of the classic science fiction story about a sentient world, and the hapless earthlings who fall victim to its charms. Don't look for space battles or evil aliens; it's a smart, cerebral story that does justice to the novel. *** of four

Goodbye World, 7.5/10

I had seen the trailer for this a while back, then i saw it on netflix and decided to give it a watch.

I guess it wasn't too bad of movie. It centers around an attack on the USA network/electrical grid. And this group of friends take refuge in a secluded home in the woods. Can't say much else without major spoilers.

Dont click if you haven't watched.
the part where they kill that punk soldier for trying to control things was awesome.

Blazing Saddles

9/10 The only reason it still doesn't get a perfect 10 is the silly brawl through the studios scene.
Everything else is spot on.
Introduced my son to steenking badges, Hedy Lamaar and a few other cultural references that he'll need in life, as well as a few that are never to be repeated.

The Two faces of January. In this movie Vitto Mortensen kills a man in his bathroom after he picked up Vitto's shaving brush. Not the same as the shower scene in Eastern Promises but very suspenseful movie.

The Guns of Navarone.

Great movie with a deep cast, but Gregory Peck always kind of annoys me in the lead role. He's supposed to be a super-spy with great lingual abilities, and he's supposed to be British.

And he sounds like Tom Brokaw reading the NBC Nightly News. :001_huh:

Top Bottom